This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by samuelZ-2 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
September 18, 2019 at 3:23 pm #4598049

samuelZ-2

From time to time I see some of my WPML String Translations don't work if I don't click on "update translation". For some reason they always need to be updated. How can I fix that, I can't look for every 20K+ strings if they are all updated.

September 19, 2019 at 12:10 pm #4604549

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

You wrote: "From time to time I see some of my WPML String Translations don't work if I don't click on "update translation"."

I'm not sure what you mean by click "update translation".
Do you mean that you need to go to WPML -> String Translation and make sure that the 'translation is complete' option is marked and press the save button again?
Please see the attached screenshot.

We will need to investigate what is happening on your site.
Could you please share your Debug information with me?
You can read the detailed explanation about it here.
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support
The debug info will give me a lot of information about how your site is configured and will help me understand the source of the problem.

Thanks,
Itamar.

September 19, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4604639

samuelZ-2

On some of my strings there is a text "update translation" and this string translation is not working until I click on it an save it once again.

September 19, 2019 at 12:24 pm #4604647

samuelZ-2

Take a look this image

September 19, 2019 at 2:41 pm #4606417

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Are those strings or posts and pages that you have the problem with?
If those are strings, please explain to me how you have sent them for translation?
Did you do it from the String Translation section?
If you are the one that translates them, why aren't you doing it directly in the String Translation section?

The 'needs update' notice on translations is showing if a change has been made to the original post, page, or string. Please make sure that this is not the case that you are having.

September 20, 2019 at 4:52 am #4609767

samuelZ-2

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!