This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
August 15, 2019 at 6:29 pm #4402943

melissaK-2

I am trying to translate the string translation (which I have done already in multilingual WooCommerce and WPML settings) the problem is it won't show on my frontend in the store page.

the "product categories" in french "catégories de produits" doesn't appear in the menu on the left as shown on the picture.
another problem with my sting translation is that "earrings" in french is written properly on the left menu (where product categories doesn't translate properly) BUT it is not appearing properly in the dropdown menu on the main header (when you put your mouse onto store/"boutique" in french section) it is written "boucles d'oreilles" whereas it should write "boucles d'oreilles" as written on the left menu.

2nd problem: I have already asked support for these two problems but dint find a solution.

my widget "related products" in english won't appear on the french page.
I need them to appear!

How can I fix these problems?

Thank you for your help in advance!

August 16, 2019 at 10:35 am #4405833

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue.

As far as I understand the issue is related to the widgets, Could you clarify how the widgets are added in the admin dashboard.

Widgets can be added for each language make sure you have a separate widget with a proper translated title for french language as well.

If the current Product Category widget is set to display on All language change it to English and add a new Product Category widget for French with the translated title.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/displaying-different-widgets-for-different-languages/

I would request temporary access to your site which would help me identify the issue faster, I can have a close look into the issue. This seems like some misconfiguration.

I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details,

Kind regards
Raja

August 20, 2019 at 5:50 am #4420573

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Okay since you have added these using Elementor, the widget titles can be translated from WPML > String translation. Search for the widget title text and translate all the occurrence of the string under the domain Widgets. Please refer to the attached screenshot

Related documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Regarding your issue with related products, I am unable to reproduce the same.

Kind regards
Raja

August 21, 2019 at 5:44 pm #4434277

melissaK-2

Sorry,

Are you saying I can't display "related products" in french??

Melissa

August 21, 2019 at 5:46 pm #4434333

melissaK-2

Now it seems like it is working in french. My related products appear.

I dont know what happened!

Then everything is good, thank you!

Best regards,

Melissa Kerr

August 22, 2019 at 10:47 am #4438447

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Yes, I was referring to that, Related products displayed for me during my test, Maybe its temporary issue with the cache.

I hope the issue is resolved now, Feel free to write back if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

August 28, 2019 at 6:07 pm #4476295

melissaK-2

Hello,

I have contacted Elementor pro and they came up with the problem:

It is WPML which isnt displaying my french related products correctly.
The problem is persisting...

I absolutely need to find a solution asap.

Please let me know how to fix this.

Best regards,

Melissa Kerr

August 29, 2019 at 4:53 am #4477859

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Thanks for the efforts, I think I understand the issue now. The issue happens when the user directly access the translated product page however it works perfectly when switching from another language, This sounds strange.

I might need to test this further, Could you please provide a snapshot (copy) of your site, So that the issue can be tested on my local environment without disturbing your live site. You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/.

I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

August 29, 2019 at 7:39 pm #4483291

melissaK-2

I tried to follow the duplicator method step by step but it is not working for my website.

I need another solution...

I already had to "duplicate" my website once but it was in a much easier way.

How can I do it in a different way?

Best regards,

Melissa Kerr

August 31, 2019 at 8:17 am #4490449

melissaK-2

Hello,

Migration is complete 🙂

I will be waiting for your news!

Thank's for your help!

Best regards,

Melissa Kerr

September 2, 2019 at 10:54 am #4496403

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

I am unable to reproduce the issue in the clone site please check =>
hidden link

This seems like an issue with cache, Clear any cache plugin, If your server has cache enabled try disabling it. check with your hosting provider in case if you are not sure about server-side caching.

Let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja