This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 4:20 pm

stephanieK-9

I am trying to: menu items set to "need translation update", that's why German version disappears again! Don't know why this happens...

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: my webpage menu items (desktop & mobile)

I expected to see: German versions

Instead, I got: English

1. need german version:

--- BUTTON CONTACT:

header-elements-button-1-name
ENG: "CONTACT" > GER "KONTAKT"

& header-elements-button-1-url

&

Thus buttons works right know, but. please review if the settings are correct. Thank you!

--- BUTTON MAKE APPOINTMENT:

header-elements-button-2-name
EN: MAKE APPOINTMENT > GER: "TERMIN BUCHEN"

& header-elements-button-2-url

July 18, 2019 at 4:44 pm #4241121

stephanieK-9

(deleted)

July 18, 2019 at 4:59 pm #4241263

stephanieK-9

Update:

It seems I have wrong language codes with wrong textes.

I attached picture. There should be CONTACT instead of KONTAKT.

I couldn't figure out how to put that right with both buttons.
Please look for the right settings here for me. Thank you so much!

------------------------------------------------

header-elements-button-2-name:

English:
MAKE APPOINTMENT

German:
TERMIN BUCHEN

header-elements-button-2-url

English URL: hidden link
German URL: hidden link

------------------------------------------------

header-elements-button-1-name:

German:
KONTAKT

English:
CONTACT

header-elements-button-1-url

English URL:
hidden link

German URL:
hidden link

July 18, 2019 at 5:52 pm #4241589

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

This may be happening because of the compatibility issue. Menu texts(*KONTAKT*) are overwritten when you update the page?

How you are managing the Menus. Because the Menus are not synced between languages. Please check the attached images. So can you please share a few screenshots for a better understanding of your settings.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 19, 2019 at 7:35 am #4244589

stephanieK-9

Hello Bigul

thanks you so much for advice. Just to make sure to make all correct here a question.

At the moment I am only using 1 menu for desktop/mobile/footer.

OPEN MENU / MENU ÖFFNEN

Should I do a complete "WP Menu Synch"? Like attached? Unsure what to do, as the menus are showing normal but as you say seems not to be set right when saving.

WPML makes them to status "Translation Need update" when I add 1 item in menu. German translation is hidden then and English shown.

Can I turn that off? Or is there an overview for status that show all same category ("translation requires update"?)

any advice would be great! Thank you so much
my best
jakob

July 19, 2019 at 9:05 am #4245093

stephanieK-9

hidden link

Here is an actual Status with some questions

- After WPML MENU SYNCH, 1 item has different name / 1 missing icon. Is everything perfectly synched now?
- I changed "Menu Location Setting". Are these the correct settings know you told me to do? (the "String needs update" issue)
- I don't know how to put menu item "Header Microwidget 1, 2", as this was set in

"Theme Options" > "Top bar & Header" > "Microwidgets" > "Microwidgets in navigation area".

Do you think it is working know without a setting here?

My best and thank you!!

July 19, 2019 at 3:56 pm #4247305

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jakob,

Thank you for the updates. It is not mandatory to Sync all the Menus and you have more menus in German now.

I have doubt about the following. Does it happen with German or English menu? Is it happen with all the menus?

WPML makes them to status "Translation Need update" when I add 1 item in the menu. German translation is hidden then and English was shown.

The Microwidgets button captions are selected for translation in WPML>>String Traslation>>Translate texts in admin screens. But was is not listing for translation. So I have added language configuration for it in WPML>>Settings>>Custom XML configuration. Then it is showing for the translation. Please translate it and make sure you are getting the expected result or not.

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

July 22, 2019 at 10:46 am #4256245

stephanieK-9

Hi

thank you for your wonderful suggestions!

I think it happens in German Menu - it switches over to "Translation needs update" - is here any overview of that kind of function? To show all "Translation needs updates"?

Or do you know how to deactivate that the buttons return to English as long as "Translation needs update" because I edited the English Button?

Menu positions are all the same 1 menu, all other menus are not used. So the settings are correct here for both languages?

My best and thank you
jakob

July 22, 2019 at 5:12 pm #4260377

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Jakob,

Thank you for the updates. This may be happening because this String has updated while updating the Theme options. Please complete the translation once again and check the issue is reproducible or not.

If so, please let me know the exact steps to reproduce the issue.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] string translation are mixed again’ is closed to new replies.