Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Itamar 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
October 28, 2019 at 4:10 pm #4841551

raymondL-6

I just update all WPML plugin, then i click the last two, string translation and then translation manager, once click the activate under translation manager, the site pop fatal error.

I have disabled all plugins and enable the woocommerce and all wpml plugin, it also pop this fatal error as below when click activate of the translation manager.

Fatal error: Uncaught TypeError: Argument 1 passed to wpml_unregister_string_multi() must be of the type array, string given, called in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-endpoints.php on line 88 and defined in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/functions.php:394 Stack trace: #0 /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-endpoints.php(88): wpml_unregister_string_multi('36') #1 /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WCML_Endpoints->migrate_ones_string_translations('') #2 /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #3 /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-includes/plugin.php(465): WP_Hook->do_action(Array) #4 /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-settings.php(525): do_action('init') #5 /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-config.php(113): require_once('/opt/bitnami/ap...') #6 in /opt/bitnami/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-content/plugins/wpml-string-translation/inc/functions.php on line 394
The site is experiencing technical difficulties.

October 28, 2019 at 6:03 pm #4842237

manuelP-5

had the same problem today, as temporary solution i edited the file woocommerce-multilingual/inc/class-wcml-endpoints.php making line 88 like this

wpml_unregister_string_multi( array($existing_wcml_string_id) );

October 29, 2019 at 12:48 am #4843383

raymondL-6

It works, thanks a lot!

October 29, 2019 at 7:30 pm #4851333

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

@raymondl-6 and @manuelp-5, is it possible that you have updated the Translation Management add-on after the WooCommerce Multilingual add-on?
If so then maybe it is related to the following known (and resolved) issue.
https://wpml.org/errata/updating-to-latest-woocommerce-multilingual-can-cause-issues-if-translation-management-is-not-updated-first/

I'm also consulting out second-tier supporters about this issue.

Thanks,
Itamar.

October 30, 2019 at 9:54 am #4854283

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I can confirm that this is a bug that is coming from WooCommerce Multilingual. It might be happening when updating WPML from version 4.1.0 to version 4.3.0. The issue is already fixed in version WooCommerce Multilingual 4.7.2 by our developers and hopefully be released soon. Nevertheless, I have no exact time for when it will be released. In any case, I'll keep you updated here when the fixed version is out.

Thank you for your patience.
Itamar.

November 5, 2019 at 12:18 pm #4888669

Itamar
Supporter

Hi there.

WooCommerce Multilingual 4.7.2 is already released. Please update all of our plugins to their latest version and the issue should be solved.

Thanks,
Itamar.