Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Liam 7 years, 9 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Harshad.

Author Posts
April 14, 2012 at 8:48 pm #55647

Liam

I have 2 languages enabled on the site: Spanish (set as default) and English (hidden)

However string translation shows only one language (which is English) when I click on a "translations" link for any string.

How do I make it to show Spanish there?
Why isn't it showing Spanish?

April 15, 2012 at 4:26 am #55656

Harshad

Liam,

Go to String translation module.

In String Translations Module if you scroll down to Original Language of Strings Section,

Change Language to Spanish and Save options and rescan strings.

April 15, 2012 at 6:16 am #55662

Liam

Harshad,

Thanks for you response.

However if I do this it's still showing only 1 language (which is now Spanish) now when I click translations link for any string.

Also If I change that string, change doesn't reflect on actual page:
for example I'm translating registration page "Create an Account" string, when I put in translation for Spannish it doesn't appear on the actual page.

What's a proper way of using it?
Why can't I get both languages (English and Spanish) appear under "translations" link for strings?

April 15, 2012 at 7:00 am #55666

Harshad

Is Translate by WPML option enabled from Themes and Plugins localization menu?

April 15, 2012 at 7:31 am #55673

Liam

Yes, it is.

There are 2 options, other is called "Translate using .mo files."

April 15, 2012 at 7:47 am #55675

Harshad

Liam,

Sorry Go to String translation module.

In String Translations Module if you scroll down to Original Language of Strings Section,

Change Language to English and Save options and rescan strings.

This will enable Translations link box to appear in Spanish.

April 15, 2012 at 8:27 am #55683

Liam

Yes, it's appears in Spanish now (when I click translations).

Thank you.

And what about 2nd problem I mentioned above:

If I put in translation for string "Create an Account" then save it and mark translation as complete it's not appearing on actual registration page?

Default language for the site is Spanish and I'm opening URL [mysite.com]/register

if I go to wp-admin login screen the form is appearing translated to Spanish,
but the registration form doesn't seem to take my translation from WPML String Translation.

How do I make it work?

April 15, 2012 at 8:56 am #55689

Liam

This is working now.

Thanks Harshad for your help!

The topic ‘[Closed] String Translation doesn't show default language’ is closed to new replies.