This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Izzi Hassan 2 weeks, 5 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
September 30, 2019 at 2:36 pm

ladislavK

I am trying to: change cookies info which is set up in gdpr cookie consent plugin
english language is ok. but translation to slovak doesnt work fully.. i cann see translate buttons, also link to pdf files under Button GDPR , but text itself stay still english,
i tried html preview in string translation and it shows correctly, but on webpage itself doesnt.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

could you please advice

thanks for help
br
zuzka

September 30, 2019 at 6:42 pm #4667293

Diego Pereira
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hello @ladislavk, welcome to the WPML support Forum!

Please try the steps below:
- Make sure you have the Translation Magagement and String Translator extensions active. If not, you can download here: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/
- Go to WPML → Theme and Plugin Localization → Strings in the plugins
- Select the "gdpr cookie consent" plugin and click on Scan selected theme for strings
- Go to WPML → String Translation and search for the Strings
- Translate the string, check the Translation is complete field and click on Save.

Ref: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/

If you can not find the strings, check it is possible to find it on the Translate texts in admin screen page, like on this link: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Please let me know if it worked for you.

All the best,
Diego

October 2, 2019 at 5:46 am #4677213

ladislavK

Hello
as you can see on pict which i have attached before i have corrent string found and translation was there.. just it is ignored.
and yes both plugins are there and activated and on the latest version

br
zuzka

October 2, 2019 at 9:40 am #4678679

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to WPML Support.

I've tried the plugin you are using on a sandbox site and translating the string that you tried to translate is working fine for me as you can see here:
hidden link
hidden link

Please try translating the text again using the following process:
- First, confirm that under GDRP Cookie Consent -> Cookie Law Settings, all your content is in English and correct
- Next, go to WPML -> Theme and plugins localization
- Scroll down to the Strings in the Plugins section, check the box next to GDPR Cookie Consent and click "Scan selected plugins for strings"
- Next, go to WPML -> String Translation
- Filter the list by "Select strings within domain: admin_texts_CookieLawInfo-0.9" as shown in the screenshot
- Translate all the strings that need translation
- Check your front-end to confirm they are now showing up.

Please try this and let us know if you have further issues. I was unable to log into your site using the credentials provided, so please provide tested credentials if you are unable to resolve your issue with the instructions above.