This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 9:44 am #4134129

hindrikR

Hi there,

I just activated my new license of WPML and received the following error after following the instructions:

There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you.

I'm not the first developer working on this website, however I made sure I deinstalled the previous install of WPML and cleared all tables. Somehow, it's still asking me to clear the tables (even after the install), and it's showing me this error.

Would you be so kind to check out if everything's allright?

With kind regards,
Hindrik

July 3, 2019 at 10:41 am #4135043

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

however I made sure I deinstalled the previous install of WPML and cleared all tables.

Can you tell me if you did this by resetting WPML (WPML -> Suport -> Troubleshooting -> Reset. If you have done it this way, can you check the following?

- Check for the tables if they exist:
-icl_strings
-icl_string_translations
-icl_string_packages
-icl_string_pages
-icl_string_positions
-icl_string_status

If the tables from above do not exist run the code from here (Workaround): https://wpml.org/errata/missing-_icl_strings-_icl_string_translations-data-tables/ and then remove the key "wpml_string_table_ok_for_mo_import" from the options table (by default wp_options, where "wp_" is your database prefix.

If this doesn't help, you can also try:

- WPML > Support > Troubleshooting and clicking on "Clear language information and repopulate language tables" and then going to the database (wp_option) and removing the key "icl_admin_messages" fixes the issue with the notice message.

It could be that the message is stuck in the database and can only be removed manually.

Please make a full backup of your site before trying this or make these changes on a staging/development site!

You can use plugins such as UpdraftPlus WordPress Backup Plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/updraftplus/) or ask your host to perform a site backup.

Regards,
Bruno Kos