This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by diego-francescoP 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 8, 2019 at 2:22 pm #3767667

diego-francescoP

Hello,
I am trying to translation a string of "WP PayPal payment" plugin.

I'm going to wpml -> string translation -> scroll down to "Translate strings from the administration area" -> I select the strings I want to translate, then save.

But then I can't find the strings to be translated in "string translation", updating them or login/logout.

The plugin is for payments hidden link

Thank you for the support,
regards
Diego

May 8, 2019 at 2:36 pm #3767779

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

My guess is that the MaxInputVars are the reason.

Please try this:

1. Increase the MaxInputVars to this value: 50000 (for the moment, you have them set to 5000)

For this, please try to set this variables in your php.ini:

max_input_vars = 50000 ;
suhosin.post.max_vars = 50000 ;
suhosin.request.max_vars = 50000;

You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

After you do this, please go again in the "Translate strings from the administration" area and save the checkboxes again.

Now please see if you can find them in WPML > String Translation by searching for them.

2. If that didn't work, you should be able to manually register them by using the XML functionality (WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration) writing the specific code as explained here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

Please let me know how it goes and if you will still need help.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 8, 2019 at 4:10 pm #3768915

diego-francescoP

Great, it works! My issue is resolved now.

I have increased the MaxInputVars only up to 10000 because by default my hosting provider doesn't expect values higher than 1000, but it worked the same. The strings have been added and I have been able to translate them.

Thank you for the support.
Regards,
Diego