This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 10.27 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by glennK-5 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rohan Sadanandan.

Author Posts
September 20, 2019 at 12:58 pm

glennK-5

Hello,
I recently bough the WPML-plugin, and I'm using the string translation module to change text in the woocommerce cart page. Although I get the message that the strings are translated, these seem not to actually change the strings on the webpage. I am using a child theme of the Flatsome theme, so perhaps the child version of the theme is blocking.

In advance, thank you for your help.

Best
Glenn

September 22, 2019 at 9:29 pm #4619465

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support.

Could you please share a screenshot of the section/page you are having the issue so that I can understand better?

Also, I request you to update the WP Memory Limit to at least 128MB which is the minimum requirement for WPML: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */

Thanks,
Rohan

September 25, 2019 at 8:18 am #4636673

glennK-5

Hi,
I still need assistance, but I am not able to access wp-config.php at the moment ("HTTP error 401, Invalid Security Token..." error message). As soon as I hear back from the host provider, I will amend he config file and try the string translation again, and write back to you.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Glenn

September 25, 2019 at 4:41 pm #4641281

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks for the information.
Please let me know once it is done.

Thanks,
Rohan

September 26, 2019 at 11:40 am #4646361

glennK-5

Hi,
I have now increased the memory limit by adding the memory-limit codes to wp-config.php.
I have added to images; one of the checkout page I'm attempting to translate, and an image of WPML string translation of a string from the checkout page.

I have also a couple of times received the following message to my email:
"Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Translation Management.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues."
-----------
In advance, thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Glenn

September 26, 2019 at 3:37 pm #4648437

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

Thanks for sharing the screenshots.
Could you please mark the sections/strings in the screenshot which are not translated?

Regarding the error,

It would be good if you can provide me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug informations)
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Log file will be created inside the /wp-content/ directory
3. Copy and paste the contents of debug.log to https://pastebin.com/gBBDVACE
(This is the cleanest way, because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in discussion)

Also, I'm not able to login using the given credentials. Could you please check that?
I've enabled the private reply.

Thanks,
Rohan

September 27, 2019 at 2:17 pm #4654921

glennK-5

Hi,
I have pasted the debug.log file to pastebin (I'm not logged in there, just pasted in under the 'untitled' profile).

Now the originally stated password to WordPress should work.

On the cart page (one of the images sent earlier), I would among other items like to translate the heading of Shopping Cart, Checkout Details, and Order Complete. I have used the string translate module in WPML again before copying and pasting the debug.log file into pastebin.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Glenn

September 27, 2019 at 5:09 pm #4656093

Rohan Sadanandan
Supporter

Hello,

I just checked your checkout page & it's already translated to Norwegian except the "Order Complete" String. I just marked it as "Translation is complete" and it's also translated. Please check the attached screenshot.
URL: hidden link

Thanks,
Rohan

September 27, 2019 at 9:38 pm #4656791

glennK-5

Hi,
thank you for your reply. The translated page does still not show when I click on the cart page from the home page, despite the automatic language redirect setting. What I seek is not to use a language switcher on the site, but permanently translate for instance the cart page from English to Norwegian. In woocommerce settings, under the tab Advances, woocommerce does not find the translated page “Handlekurv” (cart), so I can set the translated page as an endpoint. I was therefore hoping that the language redirect would automatically bring the Norwegian translation of the cart page.

Perhaps I do misunderstand how the WPML works, but I am wondering about:
(i) If I translate the cart page (which consists of a woocommerce shortcode for the cart) using the Translation Dashboard in Translation Management, I also translate all the woocommerce items for the cart? Meaning it should not be necessary to do string translation for the cart page?
(ii) For string translations to work, I need to send the translation to Translation Basket, and then again push Send to Translation, and after that enter translation queue in order for the translation to be implemented?
(iii) Some item in the tab ‘Translation Jobs’ states “Waiting for a translator” even though I have assigned myself for the translation

I also got another warning today from WordPress to my email:
------------
Since WordPress 5.2 there is a built-in feature that detects when a plugin or theme causes a fatal error on your site, and notifies you with this automated email.

In this case, WordPress caught an error with one of your plugins, WPML Translation Management.

First, visit your website (hidden link) and check for any visible issues. Next, visit the page where the error was caught (hidden link) and check for any visible issues.
--------------
When I click the link hidden link, I just get a blank page.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,
Glenn

September 29, 2019 at 9:56 pm #4661437

glennK-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!