We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Noman 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Noman.

Author Posts
June 27, 2019 at 1:45 pm

jamieA-2

Hi,

The WPML string translation in our custom theme is not working properly.

In our code, we have the following: <?php _e("Voir plus", "imedia"); ?>.
In the WordPress admin panel, under WPML -> String translation, we can see the "Voir plus" string (working as expected).
We can also set a translation in english for it and save it (working as expected).
However, on the website, the string is always displayed as "Voir plus", regardless of the current language (not working as expected).

We tried disabling other plugins and scanning the theme for new strings, but without success.
The issue occurs for all our custom strings.

Can you help us with this?

Thank you!

June 27, 2019 at 5:13 pm #4101789

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I have tried to login to your site but WP login info is not working here.

Could you please follow below steps and let me know how it goes?

- I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased, it's different than php memory. PHP memory is fine but WordPress uses 40Mb as default in your site. Minimum requirements for WPML are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

Please add this to the top of wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '512M' );

=== Please backup your database and website ===

- Please upgrade your server’s MySQL version to a higher level: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
MySQL 5.5.5 version in your site, is lower than the required for WPML.

- Please make sure ‘Translate themes and plugins using WPML's String Translation’ option is selected from WPML >> Theme and plugins localization > Localization options

- Please try to re-save the translation:

1. Go to WPML >> String Translation >> Search and Open your translated text >> delete the translation >> Save.

2. Then again go to: String Translation >> Re-add your translated text >> and re-save. Make sure that "Translation is complete" checkbox is selected.

3. Please delete all sorts of caches on your site / server cache if any / plugin cache / CDN cache (if any), clear browser cache and then see if it resolves the issue afterwards.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you

June 27, 2019 at 5:49 pm #4101939

jamieA-2

Hi !

Sorry about the WP login, you should now be able to login.

We tried all your steps except upgrading MySQL version and the issue still persist.
(We can't upgrade MySQL version because the server hosting this website is also hosting the websites of our other clients.)
However, we're using WPML on multiple websites, hosted on the same server, using the same MySQL version, and we've never had this issue.

Can you see what could cause this issue with the working WP admin credentials?

Thank you,

Antoine

June 30, 2019 at 5:31 am #4113407

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Sorry for the delay, my off days are Friday and Saturday. I have noticed that you are not using English as orignal language in gettext function so please uncheck ‘Assume that the original language of all strings is English’ checkbox from WPML >> Theme and plugin localization.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or you need further assistance with this issue.

Thank you