This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Trying to translate single strings from a template

Solution: It's not possible to translate the only one string from the template, mark the template as translatable and translate it accordingly if you just want to translate one string, copy all other strings and mark it as translate.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pimM-3 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
August 22, 2019 at 11:24 am #4438687

pimM-3

Hi,

I want to translate a single string, but the translation is not visible.

In WPML > String Translation I look for a certain string, found it, translated it, checked the completion box and saved it, but in the frontend the translation is not visible.

What is going wrong?

Thank you.

August 22, 2019 at 11:29 am #4438691

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support. I'd be assisting you further on this issue.

Could you please attach few screenshots showing the issue, also can you please let me know how the strings are added?

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 22, 2019 at 11:35 am #4438753

pimM-3

Hi Shekhar,

Thank you for your help.

Attached some screenshots.

Pim

August 22, 2019 at 11:40 am #4438829

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

Looks like there are lots of similar strings with a similar name, being so to debug this issue further, I would need to check your site settings once, for this I would need temporary access (wp-admin and ftp) to your site.

So could you please provide me those details, you will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
hidden link

This info is private and available to you and WPML supporters only.
Read more about this: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Note:
Backup your sites before providing the credentials or if possible provide credentials for the test site

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

August 23, 2019 at 4:00 am #4444097

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

It's not possible to translate the only one string from the template, mark the template as translatable and translate it accordingly if you just want to translate one string, copy all other strings and mark it as translate.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

August 23, 2019 at 6:20 am #4444187

pimM-3

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!