Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bobby 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
September 24, 2019 at 9:07 am #4629389

chi-tsanC

I am trying to: translate "Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords." to "Can't find related content"

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

I expected to see: Can't find related content

Instead, I got: Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords

It shows this
hidden link

but still
hidden link

September 24, 2019 at 7:32 pm #4633935

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hi There,

The string

"Sorry, but nothing matched your search terms. Please try again with some different keywords."

is a hardcoded string therefore to change it you would need to do this within the theme's code.

If you search within String Translation for the string are you able to find it?

As a possible workaround please try the following :

1. Find the string in WPML String Translation
2. Select the desired string
3. Click on change the language of selected strings and select a language not used on the site

These steps should allow you to translate the English hardcoded string now.

September 26, 2019 at 4:21 am #4643439

chi-tsanC

already tried that before adding ticket here, still doesn't work

September 26, 2019 at 4:16 pm #4648825

Bobby
Supporter

If possible I would like to take a closer look at the backend to further test this issue,

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to fix the issue.
(preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible)

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.

The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

NOTE: if access to the live site is not possible and staging site does not exist please provide me with a duplicator package created with the duplicator plugin

Thank you,
Bobby

September 27, 2019 at 6:07 am #4651767

chi-tsanC

It would be great if it's fixed in an hour as we're meeting with the client

September 27, 2019 at 6:34 pm #4656373

Bobby
Supporter

Thank you for the access details.

I was able to locate the string within /themes/flatsome/template-parts/posts/content-none.php

The string was correctly wrapped in a gettext call but for some reason, it was not easy to search for within WPML String Translation.

To make it easier i changed its domain to flatsomewpml.

You can now go to WPML->String Translation->Filter by domain->flatsomewpml(1) in order to find it.