This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.30 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 16, 2019 at 8:06 am

greensummits

I am trying to: show translated strings on frontend

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: section Machinery Park is translated in String Translations, shows translated strings in DE language well, but not in EN

Instead, I got: original Slovak strings

August 16, 2019 at 12:19 pm #4406223

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I had a quick look at the elements from the homepage that are not translated and I could see that these are elementor templates. In this case, can you go here hidden link, translate the templates used on the homepage, and check once again the English version of this page hidden link, please? This change should do the trick.

Thanks,
Radu

August 19, 2019 at 6:59 am #4413847

greensummits

It breaks EN part... see here: hidden link (last tab Omielacka)

Its never a good idea to translate elementor templates, WPML breaks layouts in all my websites when I try that.

But if you look at screenshot I am sending now, elementor templates are not translated into DE and they shows correctly on web. Its because strings are from shortcode, which is inserted into elementor templates, therefor they needds to be translated with String Translation module and which is done for EN and DE both.

August 21, 2019 at 10:16 am #4429857

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I checked the tabs a bit closer and I could see that the text is added using some shortcodes. For example, the first product description is created using this shortcode [strojny_park stroj_id='sustruh01']. Can you tell me where I can edit this text on the dashboard, please? Maybe there are some additional that need to be done in order to edit this text.

Thanks,
Radu

August 22, 2019 at 10:15 am #4438321

greensummits

Please check my previous comment. Do you know how shortcodes work? Its in the code, as I already wrote. You cannot change this text in dashboard.

August 26, 2019 at 9:39 am #4457235

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I know how the shortcodes work. For each shortcode added to a page, there's a content that's created when you check that page on the front end. I just didn't see that you're using the shortcodes the last time I checked the page (my bad).

I could see now that the elements from these tabs hidden link are created using Elementor templates.
In order to translate the content of these templates, you need to edit the original template (like hidden link), and press the plus sign on the right sidebar. You can set to Off the Use WPML's Translation Editor option. This way, you'll be able to use the Elementor editor for the translations too and have full control on this. Can you give this a try and tell me how it works, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 27, 2019 at 8:16 am #4463593

greensummits

We tried that already in previous replies. It wont help, its a shortcode what is not translated. Not elementor template. And again and again once more time: DE is translated without this steps you are sending me, EN is not!

Can we please change support person? Thanks.

September 2, 2019 at 8:05 am #4495133

greensummits

6 days no update here?

September 2, 2019 at 8:10 am #4495151

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Sorry for this delayed response but I tried look a couple more times into this and see if there's anything else that can be done in order to translate this part of the page. Right now I was checking your ticket to ask for a duplicator package. This way I'll be able to create a copy of your website on my computer, and make some tests to see how can I get the Machinery Park translated.

Please follow the steps presented here https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/ and give me a message back once the package is generated so I can log into the dashboard and download it. I'll keep an eye on this ticket to have a look at it as soon as you reply on it.

Thanks,
Radu

September 2, 2019 at 9:35 am #4495765

greensummits

I downgraded plugins:
"WPML Multilingual CMS" to 4.1.4
"WPML String Translation" to 2.9.2

+ I completely disabled plugin "WPML Translation Management" and now it works. With activated "WPML Translation Management", english frontend shortcodes are not translated, german are translated. With disabled, all shortcodes in all languages are correctly translated.

September 2, 2019 at 9:54 am #4495931

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you tell me if you changed the password for the account you send to me, please? I tried to user it but I get a message that the username or password is incorrect.

Also, is everything working fine while having the latest version of WPML and String Translation, and have Translation management deactivated?

Thanks,
Radu

September 12, 2019 at 9:39 am #4559841

greensummits

Yes I remove your account because I handled problem by myself.

And when I update to latest version + deactivate Translation management plugin, it wont work again. It only works with previous versions and Translation management deactivated as I wrote before.

September 16, 2019 at 12:48 pm #4580239

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

Can you try to install the beta version of WPML, String Translation, and Translation Management (you can find them here https://wpml.org/download/wpml-multilingual-cms/?section=changelog, https://wpml.org/download/wpml-string-translation/?section=changelog, https://wpml.org/download/wpml-translation-management/?section=changelog) and tell me if the issue is still available, please? A couple things are changed on the latest version of these plugins and the issue might be gone while using them.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] string translation is not translating strings in EN, but translates in DE’ is closed to new replies.