This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I typed in the keywords to search the target string. Then find the target strings and click the right hand side button to type in the translated wordings. Solution: The theme uses a proprietary builder for the homepage. All the options can be found under admin_texts_dp_options on String Translation. If you cannot find them there yet, just go to String Translation → Translate texts in admin screens and you can find the text under dp_options. Just check the fields you want to translate and that's all.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maryanneg 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
May 17, 2019 at 8:46 am #3832475

maryanneg

I am trying to: Translate the contents on our website.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see: I typed in the keywords to search the target string. Then find the target strings and click the right hand side button to type in the translated wordings.

Instead, I got: Can not even see the original string

May 17, 2019 at 9:05 am #3832577

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey,

Can you give me an example of string that you're trying to translate, please? Also, could you attach a screenshot with the problem too? I just want to make sure that I'm checking the right element.

Thanks,
Radu

May 20, 2019 at 3:37 am #3843433

maryanneg

Our site is in Japanese as default language and translate into English.
BTオプションMT4登場!各種対応デバイス
For example the above japanese handlines, which is one of the slider in header content.

When we search the above headline in the "Search For" field under string translation,
No strings found.
And we cannot do the translation.

Please advise.
Thank you
Best Regards

May 21, 2019 at 7:27 am #3852519

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I checked the homepage and I could see that there's some sort of builder used on it. Can you tell me how the content from the slider, for example, can be edited, please? The strings will appear on String Translation area only if the theme that you're using is adding some code to tell WPML what are the strings that should be translated. The reason why I'm asking how the content from the homepage can be edited is to see how the builder works and how can I make WPML work with it.

Thanks,
Radu

May 22, 2019 at 1:20 am #3859501

maryanneg

Hi Radu
Please see attachment.

May 22, 2019 at 7:40 am #3862621

Radu
Supporter

Hey,

I managed to find that string for translation right here: hidden link

Sometimes, if you don't find the whole string when searching for it, you can try to add just some small parts of it. For example, instead of searching for BTオプション から MT4登場! 業界最狭スプレッドを提供中 you can try just 業界最狭スプレッドを提供中 or less.

Thanks,
Radu

May 22, 2019 at 9:41 am #3863829

maryanneg

The admin_texts_dp_options domain was not there before. And I have no idea why it appears now.

Anyway we can search everything in the site now. Thank you.

Best Regards
maryanne

May 23, 2019 at 7:08 am #3871793

maryanneg

Hi Radu,

I just found that the link you provided to us, actually the page you are looking at, is domain hidden link

And the site with problem, is actually fx.bt-option.com
admin_texts_dp_options still does not exist in fx.bt-option
and we cannot search anything in string translation.

Please check again.

Thank you
Best Regards
Maryanne