This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by maryanneg 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
May 23, 2019 at 7:15 am #3871959

maryanneg

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/string-translation-is-not-working-10/#post-3871793

This is the previous ticket that we though it was resolved, but it is not indeed.

The one with problem is fx.bt-option.com
admin_texts_dp_options still does not exist in fx.bt-option
and we cannot search anything in string translation.

Please check again.

Thank you
Best Regards
Maryanne

May 23, 2019 at 8:44 am #3872661

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 23, 2019 at 9:36 am #3872957

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details.

Could you please try the following steps?

-go to WPML > String Translation.
-scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link "Translate texts in admin screens »".
-search for 'dp_options'.
-Under it, you can find strings under that. Tick the 'slider_headline1' checkbox. You can select more than strings that you wanted to translate.
-at the bottom of the page, click Apply to add it to the String Translation table.
-Now you can go back to WPML > String Translation and you should see the string added there. Translate the string completely and save.

I have attached an image for your reference.

Please check our documentation about this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 23, 2019 at 9:55 am #3873197

maryanneg

I found it.
But do I have to add every single line of phrases in this way everytime after I added new content to the top page?

Thank you

Best Regards
Maryanne

May 24, 2019 at 4:29 am #3881083

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

It seems that your theme stores page elements' content on the wp_options table. In this case, if you can't find the strings yet in string translation page, you need to do the same procedure so the newly created element content to register the strings to translation.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 24, 2019 at 6:09 am #3881325

maryanneg

Hi Dennis

See attachment.
This is another domain bt-option.com
using same theme, but the admin-text-dp-option shows in the list and we can simply search in the string translation page.
Please check

Thank you
Best Regards
Maryanne

May 24, 2019 at 8:30 am #3882339

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you please try to add this code snippet to WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration.

<wpml-config>
  <admin-texts>
    <key name="dp_options">
      <key name="*"/>
    </key>
  </admin-texts>
</wpml-config>

Documentation:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

May 24, 2019 at 8:55 am #3882649

maryanneg

Yes it works. thank you
Best Regards
Maryanne