This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Client needs to make a Custom Post Type translatable.

Solution: - Go to WPML -> Settings - Scroll down to the Post types translation section - Set the option for Course (course) to either Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language or Translatable - only show translated items as shown in the screenshot - Click the Save button

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-posts/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yasuanQ 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Izzi Hassan.

Author Posts
October 4, 2019 at 9:18 am #4694377

yasuanQ

Helo Izzi,

everything is working ok with the code; but there is a section know that have not got the option to translate; is the section 'courses'; I have added the strings in "Strings in the plugins" but nothing appears 🙁
Could you help me? thank you!

October 4, 2019 at 9:39 am #4694553

Izzi Hassan
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

You are looking for Custom Post Type translations. In order to translate Custom Post Types like "Course", you must first enable it using the following steps:
- Go to WPML -> Settings
- Scroll down to the Post types translation section
- Set the option for Course (course) to either Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language or Translatable - only show translated items as shown in the screenshot
- Click the Save button

Now you will be able to translate your courses into English and they should show up in the correct language on the front end.

Please try this and let me know if your issue is resolved. I'll be happy to provide further assistance if necessary.

October 4, 2019 at 10:04 am #4694675

yasuanQ

Thank you very much!!