This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The string is translated into String Translation, but is not displayed in the frontend.

Solution: The client said that he removed the strings and then scanned, translated the strings again and this worked. Here is the step by step:

- Click on the WPML > String Translation - Select the desired strings and click on the "Delete selected strings" - Click on the WPML > Theme and plugins localization - Make sure one of these options is enabled [ ] Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation only (don't load .mo files) [ ] Translate the theme and plugins using WPML's String Translation and load .mo files as backup - Scroll down the page and look for the theme or plugin you want to scan - Click the button at the end of the tab to scan the theme or plugin

After following these steps the strings should be added again in the String Translation page.

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/ https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gentianG 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
May 3, 2017 at 2:09 pm #1267245

gentianG

Dear Support,

I am trying to translate two strings, and i am struggling with them. Even though from backend they are translated, no translations are showing on front end. Attached you will be able to check screenshots as reference.
Another problem is that CPU is mostly 100% loading. I have latest versions, of wordpress and plugins, used to install latest PHP version, but due to high load of CPU and 70% usage of RAM, i had to downgrade to 5.6. My website is hosted on iis7 dedicated server with 2 processors.

What would you suggest?

Kind Regards,

May 4, 2017 at 1:44 pm #1268211

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

This depends on how those strings are being created/added on your site.

There are two ways for strings to appear on your site. The first is through the strings that are in the files of your theme - apparently the one you are translating.

The second are strings that can be added/edited dynamically by the options of your theme. In your theme options, can you change these strings? If yes, please follow the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > String Translation
- At the end of the page, click on the "Translate texts in admin screens »" link
- Search for desired strings
- Click on the "Apply" button
- Click on the WPML > String Translation and translate these strings

After following these steps, please let me know if the strings are found and if, after being translated, the problem persists.

On the second problem, may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? This will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.

May 22, 2017 at 9:41 am #1281374

gentianG

Hello Bruno,

Thank you for your support.
I have deleted strings and did a theme scan. After translating strings again, it worked. Still don't have a clue but as far as strings are translated it is ok for me.

Have a great time ahead.

Kind Regards,