Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dimitri 4 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Beda.

Author Posts
July 13, 2015 at 8:17 am #657703

Dimitri

I've translated a string inside the bakc-end but it doesn't work in to the front-end:

hidden link

in the front-end of the italian version keep showing the english version of the string.

What could I do?

Thanks

July 13, 2015 at 5:42 pm #658271

Beda
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch ) Italian (Italiano )

Thank you for contacting us here in the Support Forum and for providing the Debug Informations

It would be good that you first update your WPML and WPML add-ons to their latest versions. Can you do this please?

Please could you also try to update this additional Software?:
- WordPress

❌ Be sure to backup your database first before you proceed! ❌
⌥ You can use a plugin for this if you like.
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose.
See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Please update WPML only if you do NOT have any ICanLocalize Translation Jobs ongoing.
According to your Debug Infos, you don't seem to have any Translators set up by now. But please assure yourself that you don't use ICL currently before you update WPML.

If the issue still persist afterwards, please try these steps:

==> Delete the Translated String in Dashboard > WPML > String Translation

1. Go under "WPML -> Theme and plugins localization"
2. Make sure that "Translate by WPML." is active
3. Scroll down to "Strings in the theme" and click on "Scan the theme for strings"
4. Scroll down to "Strings in the plugins", select the plugin you want to scan and click on "Scan the selected plugins for strings"
5. Once you followed the above steps go under "WPML -> String Translation". All strings available for translation should display in the table you see there.

Do you see them? If yes, all you need to do is click on "translations" next to each string you want to translate and enter + save your translations

✙ Sometimes, you have already done all this, but the string isn't appearing as translated in the Front-End.
Along other issues, this can sometimes be easily solved by:

1. Delete the problematic String
2. Repeat the above steps

✙ In case after all this steps the String isn't still appearing translated on the Front-End, it is very possible that the source is not correctly coded.
In this case, further debugging steps are required

Please don't hesitate to inform me in case the issue persists

Thank you

July 17, 2015 at 7:08 am #661200

Dimitri

Hi,

thank you very much.

Cheers.