This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
January 14, 2019 at 1:00 pm #3087570

alastairM-2

I have started sending these strings for translation to myself, and they are showing as such in the 'Transition Jobs' but they are not showing under my Translations available for translation.

January 14, 2019 at 3:34 pm #3088467

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Please check if you are defined as "Local Translator" and if you have the required language pairs for this translation job.
Go to WPML->Translation Management->Translation Roles tab.
See attached image for an example. Notice that demo has all the possible language pairs.

Let me know if this helps.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

January 14, 2019 at 3:42 pm #3088495

alastairM-2

Thanks Jamal. Yes I had done all that. However I think I have found the problem - to translate strings you need to do under 'String Translations' not under Translation Management > Translations. Is this correct? If so, how do I use Advanced Translation Editor within 'String Translations'? Thanks

January 14, 2019 at 4:08 pm #3088626

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

If you are trying to translate a post/page or custom post type, it will be available in "WPML->Translations". But if you are translating a theme/plugin string, or the customize or a theme option, you will need to use WPML->String Translation.

The Advanced Translation Editor is only used for posts, pages and custom post types. It will not work for string in "String Translation".

I hope this answers your question. If not, please provide more details and we will find how to do it.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support