This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.
Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.
|May 17, 2019 at 1:52 pm #3835039|
|May 17, 2019 at 2:20 pm #3835181|
Hi, I need urgent help. My string translation not working.
|May 17, 2019 at 3:41 pm #3835781|
Languages: English (English )
Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)
Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!
I will be happy to help you with this.
From what I can see, the theme that you are using is not part of our official WPML-compatible theme repository here: https://wpml.org/documentation/theme-compatibility/
They are saying "Masterstudy is 100% WPML compatible, so you can use the WPML plugin to translate your website into any language." but if it's not in our official WPML repository, it means that nobody from the WPML team tested it yet.
1. Can you please let me know the exact steps that I would have to follow to see both of the phrases that you are referring to?
2. Can you please try this:
- disable all plugins except WPML and its add-ons (leave enabled also just the plugins that the theme needs)
3. If the issue is still happening, please try this:
Increase the MaxInputVars to 60000 - currently, you have them set at 10000.
For this, please try to set this variables in your php.ini:
max_input_vars = 60000; suhosin.post.max_vars = 60000; suhosin.request.max_vars = 60000;
You may need to contact your hosting provider to set them.
Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.
Please see if it work now.
4. If it still doesn't work, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.
Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to backup the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.
Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
- Please make a backup of the site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box.
The private box looks like this: hidden link
I will be waiting for your response.
Just a note that I won't be working on the weekend so I will be able to get back to you at the beginning of next week.
|May 22, 2019 at 4:18 am #3860809|
My issue is resolved now. Thank you!