This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 24, 2019 at 11:57 pm

RuiMDuarte

I am trying to: Translate a string from Portuguese to English. Click on save, but it keeps the PT version.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The English version

Instead, I got: When I save it and check it again, it didn't change. I get the PT version instead.

June 25, 2019 at 7:41 am #4081915

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please increase the WP Memory Limit (your current setting is 40M). Minimum requirements are 128Mb:

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

- Add it above the line

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */ 

Also, I would like to recommend you to increase your max input vars, currently it has a value of 3000 in your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Support section.
Please, try to increase it to 6000. You might need some assistance from your host to properly set this up.

See:
hidden link
hidden link

Then try to search for the strings again in WPML > String Translation and translate them completely.

Also, please update all WPML plugins to latest version you can check it at Plugins > Add new > Commercial tab.

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 25, 2019 at 10:28 am #4083217

RuiMDuarte

Hi Dennis,

This is a staging version which I had recently created before reporting the issue. It was created to debug some issues with Salon Booking plugin.
On production version I already increased the memory limit to 128MB as suggested by WPML plugin itself. Should it be increased to 256M? On production, I already have the latest versions. Only still haven't updated it on the staging version.
Will try to change the max input vars too. I still think it would be better to completely remove and reinstall all the WPML plugins. Will I lose the translations I've already done? Shall I export them to .mo/.po files and import them after the reinstallation?

Thank you and best regards,

Rui

June 26, 2019 at 4:44 am #4088885

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

You can just have the wp memory limit set to 128M.

Please increase the max input vars as suggested and please let me know the results.

I will not recommend uninstalling WPML Completely as you will lose all your translations. However, deactivating/deleting WPML plugins will not let you lose your translations.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] String translation not saving.’ is closed to new replies.