This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: The user was not able to make some strings translated into English even if the strings were already translated in WPML->String Translation Solution: Uncheck "Assume all strings are English" in WPML->Theme and plugin localization.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by januszB 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 9:34 am

januszB

I am trying to:
Translate strings from CZ -> EN

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
For example :
Vyrobilo -> Made by
Novinky -> News
... CMS translation is working properly 100% is translated, but string translation is not working at all. WE are using string translation on multiple sites, but here it does not want to work.

Instead, I got:

September 3, 2019 at 10:07 am #4503341

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

I used the provided login/password to check these strings, they seem to be registered and translated under domain "MCSNeo" which I believe is the theme's domain. This is probably a compatibility issue, the theme is still using the default strings even if translated.
To confirm this, I have created a test server, please upload your theme there and reproduce this issue. Use the following link to login in.
hidden link

Please configure WPML similarly to your website( CZ -> EN), upload your theme and translate the strings. If the issue is also present in this server, I'll approach our compatibility team for help.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

September 3, 2019 at 10:44 am #4503631

januszB

When You gave me access to the test website I noticed, on 1st configuration, a checkbox : Assume that the original language of all strings is English.

I have unchecked this on my live website and it works now properly.
So You helped me in a non direct way 🙂
Thanks.