Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 24, 2022 at 10:12 pm #11297295

marijkeW

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I'm trying to translate strings with the WPML String Translation plugin. I've purchase and installed all the WPML plugins and searched your site and searched wordpress plugins, and even clicked on a link in the WPML menu > taxonomy page - "To translate taxonomy labels and slug you need WPML String Translation plugin" but alas where is this plugin? I'm not sure why this is so difficult to find?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
If there is, I wish I could find it. So far, everything I look at has the "String Translation" menu item already visible.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Thank you!

May 24, 2022 at 10:25 pm #11297333

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi there.

From what I can see, you purchased the "Multilingual Blog" membership which doesn't come with "WPML String Translation" or "WPML Translation Management".

You should be able to use this current membership if you want to translate posts, pages, post types, and other types of content but if you would like to translate content that is built with a specific page builder or if you would like to translate strings that come from a theme, you would need to upgrade to the next tier ("Multilingual CMS") and pay the difference.

Here you can also find out more about each of the types of memberships that we have available and compare them:
https://wpml.org/purchase/

After you upgrade, you should be able to find the other 2 plugins that I mentioned inside your WPML.org account downloads section (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/). Download them and install them on your website.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.