Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by michaelB-11 3 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
November 8, 2017 at 2:10 pm

michaelB-11

Hi,

I have a big problem with the WPML String Translation. First it started with losing all String Translations. Unfortunately I can't really reproduce what caused this. Maybe because I had to restore a backup via ManageWP, maybe because of a WPML update... I tried to reproduce it with a older (manual) backup of the site, but nothing...

Really strange but anyway, I just need to fix this mess. But the big problem is, I now can't even manually save a string in the String Translation. Not for the Widgets and not for the Gravity Forms. I have no idea why.

I even tried and created a new Widget. The string then appears in String Translation, but still, I can't save any translation.

I have created a copy of the site where you can debug the problem.

Thanks a lot in advance and best regards,
Michael

November 9, 2017 at 11:49 am #1425784

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-08:00)

Hello,

Your wp_icl_string_translations table was missing the mo_string index.

Once this was replaced now the String Translation is working and also the .mo file translations seem to work ok now.

November 10, 2017 at 11:15 am #1426891

michaelB-11

Hi Bobby,

Ok, thanks a lot, I would never have found this by myself.

Unfortunately only about half of the translations were recovered, but at least I could fix everything now.

Now that I know where the problem was, I'll try again to find out what caused this. But for now, this thread can be closed.

Thanks again and best regards,
Michael