This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 2 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 18, 2019 at 3:05 pm

morrisF-2

I've already opened a ticket, but no one seems to responds. It's been already a few days, "Bruno" seems to be busy with other things.

To our Problem:
The string translations are not working even though they are registered and translated. We tried everything we could, entered all string translations at the right place, but they are not showing up.

We are translating the worldofglasspipes.com to the worldofglasspipes.ch. Some of the stringt that dont work:
1. Mobile Logo in header
2. Header background
3. footer background
4. Some images on the hp like "Free shipping" and "premium glas"
5. On the category pages, the "filter by prices" "filter by height", "filter by color" etc.

We checked everything several times, nothing on our end we can do. We would like to launch the .ch page as soon as possible, please help with someone who has experience with this.
The .com page works fine, just not the .ch (change the language in wordpress to "german", this is the .ch domain, where the strings dont work. I transalted them myself, yet, they dont show up on the .ch page, they are still in english.

July 18, 2019 at 5:19 pm #4241395

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

Before we continue, could you tell me if the issue persists if all plugins are deactivated, except WPML plugins?

Kind regards,
Carlos

July 18, 2019 at 6:11 pm #4241701

morrisF-2

Hi Carlos

Yes, we can confirm, the problem still remains.

July 18, 2019 at 6:47 pm #4241921

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your message.

In this case I would like to ask your authorization to run some tests in the site in order to isolate the cause of the issue.

Please confirm you have a full backup of the site.

Regards,
Carlos

July 18, 2019 at 8:28 pm #4242285

morrisF-2

Yes we do. Please check whats wrong, we are in a hurry.

Thanks
Morris

July 19, 2019 at 11:09 am #4245969

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Morris,
Thank you very much for your authorization.

Before we continue I need to ask you to update all outdated plugins to their latest version. Outdated functionalities can cause conflicts in the code.

Note: Please don't forget to make a full backup of the site before and after the update.

Does the issue persists after the update?
Regards,
Carlos

July 19, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4246487

morrisF-2

Hi Carlos

I've just update the woocommerce, all others are up to date. The problem is still here. Please advise.

Regards,
Morris

July 19, 2019 at 12:39 pm #4246497

morrisF-2

We also did a full backup of the site.

July 19, 2019 at 2:35 pm #4247029

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.

I just visited the site and I can see that the homepage is not fully translated. Please finish the translation of the homepage to German and check if some of the untranslated elements are being translated correctly.

Also, I added all options of Fastor theme to String Translation by adding some language configuration code in WPML -> Settings -> Custom XML Configuration.

Could you tell me if you can find the options in String Translation this time?

Regards,
Carlos

July 21, 2019 at 8:35 am #4251669

morrisF-2

Hi Carlos

It does not matter, if the text on the homepage is translated to english or not, that is a manual task, has nothing to do with the string translations, who still do not work.

I already told you what does not work, but i will list it here again for your:
1. The logo on the .ch in mobile view (the logo on mobile view is not displayed correctly)
2. The filtration on the right, on the category pages (like Filter by features, filter by color, filter by heigh, filter by joint site), we translated all of them in the backend, but they are still in ENGLISH even tho we are on the .ch page
3. The filtration at the top on the product page, like "price, rating, date, etc.", we have transalted them, but they are still in english on the german site.
4. When you are on a product, there is the "previous product" and "next product" at the top of the page, those do also not translate
5. Also, when a product is added to the cart, there is also no translation, like the "product successfully added to your cart." as well as the "checkout and cart" on the hoovering over the cart.

I've attached all images to those 5 problems, please fix those issues, or tell me how we can fix it. Please no more questions that dont help anything. Those particular things are not displayed, even tho we have inserted the translation at the right place. We need those specific things fixed, and I hope you can do that. All other questions have been answered, a backup was made, and all that is left, is for you guys to fix those things, that are caused by your plugin.

Should not be a problem for you guys to fix, right? We tried all we could, would be nice if the plugin actually works, instead of only half way.

Thanks

July 21, 2019 at 9:07 am #4251801

morrisF-2

Its mostly the "widgets" that do not translate, check the screenshot. This is for the filtration on the category pages, we translated them as you can see, but they dont show up in german on the german site.

July 22, 2019 at 11:18 am #4256519

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,
Thank you very much for your messages.

I started to run tests in the site in order to isolate the cause of the issue and I saw that there is a problem with the Shop page in Woocommerce. Then I deactivated all plugins to start re-activating them one by one but the site throws a fatal error that doesn't let me continue.

Please restore the site so I can continue trying to find the cause of this issue.

Looking forward to your message.
Regards,
Carlos

July 22, 2019 at 11:38 am #4256729

morrisF-2

Hi there

The site is back up, it looks the way it does now, as all plugins are deactivated. You can continue finding the bugs.

Thanks
Morris

July 22, 2019 at 1:11 pm #4257737

morrisF-2

Hi Carlos

Please let us know, when you are done on your part. We stopped our daily work on the site, so you can debug. There has to be a solution to this problem, some bug we are not aware?

Please let me know when you are done on your side, so we can resume daily work.

Regards,
Morris

July 22, 2019 at 2:18 pm #4258449

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Morris,
Thank you very much for restoring the site.

1.- I founded that the theme child is heavily customized in the code and w don't offer support for custom code, however, to fix the log in the mobile header you need to add the Gettext functions in wp-theme/fastor-child/functions.php line 277.

2.- Now the filters in the sidebar are correctly translated. I suspect that the translation wasn't showed because the Memcache option was active in the SiteGround cache plugin, and this is know for causing issues with WPML. I deactivated it already.

You can verify that the filters are show correctly in this link: hidden link

3.- The filtration at the top on the product page, like "price, rating, date, etc.", is being show correctly in both languages now.

4.- 'Previous product' and 'Next product' can be translated in WPML -> String Translation (see attached images).

5.- The strings related to the cart are also translated already (see attached images).

Regards,
Carlos