This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by veronicaR-2 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
August 29, 2019 at 2:49 am #4477453

veronicaR-2

It doesn't appear as though String Translation is working on my site. I have tried using it to translate widgets, buttons, footer widgets and external URLs with no luck.

hidden link

August 29, 2019 at 5:43 am #4477909

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

Just to be sure that I understand your issue correctly, any string translated in WPML > String translation is displaying correctly on the front-end? Could you please verify that you have checked the "Translation complete" box and Save?

If that is the case, it would be good if you can provide me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug informations).

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way, because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in discussion).
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Best regards,
Andrés

August 29, 2019 at 11:51 pm #4483855

veronicaR-2

Hi Andres,

That's correct - strings that appear as "Translation complete" in the back-end are not showing up properly on the front-end.

Is there any other way than editing my wp-config file? I don't believe I have access to that at this time.

August 30, 2019 at 2:15 am #4484191

veronicaR-2

Not sure what happened but it appears as though my issue is resolved now. Thank you!