Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dianaG-8 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Andreas.

Author Posts
September 30, 2022 at 4:57 am #12153837

dianaG-8

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to translate two strings and it does not update

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

September 30, 2022 at 1:08 pm #12156927

Andreas

Hello there

Thank you for contacting us. I am happy to help you.

Your message is not giving me any kind of extra information in order to help you.

Can you please add more information and maybe some screenshots in orde rto understand your problem ?

Regards,
Andreas

October 2, 2022 at 6:41 am #12163399

dianaG-8

Hi Andreas,

Your steps worked to update the one incompatible widget. I used these steps:
1) Finish the translation of a page
2) Ensure that language in top header is your default one
3) When publishing on the right side there is a switch "Use WPML's Translation Editor" , se to off
4) Click to translate the page in the language you wish
5) You will not see WPML Translation Editor. Please replace the link ( only the link please do not touch anything else )
6) Switch again to the default language in the top bar
7) Enabled again WPML TRanslation editor.

However, for another widget - the footer which goes across all pages, it does not work. I have amended the translation in "string translate" - see screenshot 1. It does not update though. I tried to use the steps above for the footer, but I only see the English text, not the french text. Please see screenshot 2.

Thank you.

Screenshot 2.png
Screenshot 1.png
October 3, 2022 at 9:45 am #12169097

Andreas

Thank you very much for your clear information.

First of all the steps are written by me for another case and scenario and only for Pages/Posts.

This is not the proper way, we cannot fully support it, we are having there because other reasons.

The proper way to translate widgets is this :

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-widgets/

Also as far as I can see you are using Organic Customizer Widgets for widgets. If yes, then as far as I can see we are not having any compatibility with that plugin, so very likely this is the reason it is not working.

Since you are using it, please try to use the default widgets of WP instead in order to see if everything is working ok.

On the other hand, I am wrong about the above and you are using the default way, please share a screencast of the problem.

Regards,
Andreas

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.