This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: String Translation is not working, the big Yellow Zoeken (search) button should be translated and the footer widget titles (Aanbod, Diensten, etc) should be translated as well.

Solution: - Uncheck the option: o Assume that the original language of all strings is English

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/errata/string-translations-disappearing-on-sites-where-default-language-is-not-english/

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andrés 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andrés.

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 8:02 am

Pux

I am trying to use String translation to translate some strings but I don't see any changes.

On hidden link the big Yellow Zoeken (search) button should be translated and the footer widget titles (Aanbod, Diensten, etc) should be translated as well.

I registered the strings for translation and also translated them via the String Translation screen. I have done this many times before so I'm not sure what I could be doing wrong.

September 3, 2019 at 8:14 am #4501859

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Hello there,

Welcome to WPML support forum.

It seems that you were experiencing the issue described on the following erratum:
https://wpml.org/errata/string-translations-disappearing-on-sites-where-default-language-is-not-english/

I have the option "Assume that the original language of all strings is English" and it seems to work now.

Does it solve your issue?

Best regards,
Andrés

September 3, 2019 at 8:23 am #4501933

Pux

Ah great, that dit it. Thanks!

September 3, 2019 at 10:19 am #4503425

Andrés
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) French (Français )

Timezone: Europe/Paris (GMT+02:00)

Awesome! 🙂
Have a nice day.