This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 3 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 6:20 pm #4053857

argroK

I update to last version today.

I notice some translatable strings not working

I go back from backup For example logout message or add to card button.

I restore a backup I took before update and this happen when update the WPML Multilingual CMS plugin.

Regards

June 20, 2019 at 11:41 am #4059529

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I´ll be helping you with this issue.

1. Clarification
Are you currently using the most recent versions of the WPML plugins or have you restored the older versions?

2. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

Thanks

June 24, 2019 at 12:58 pm #4077317

argroK

Hello

I use 4.2.6 right now.

and the problem appears when I made the last update, I use a backup to came back at 4.2.6.

I will give you admin and FTP access by tomorrow.

Thanks

June 25, 2019 at 7:14 am #4081719

Yvette
Supporter

Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

Thank you

June 26, 2019 at 3:28 pm #4093631

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I took a snapshot of your site (without your images) with the Duplicator plugin and installed it on my local server. I then deactivated all the non-WPML plugins. As a result, the strings are translating as expected (see image),

Could you please try temporarily deactivating all your non-WPML plugins so that only Woocommerce is activated. In this setup, do you have the same result?

If so, then there is a conflict with one of your plugins. You should activate your plugins one-by-one, testing the single product page view each time until you find the plugin that causes the string translation to fail.

July 1, 2019 at 1:53 pm #4119669

argroK

Hello Yvette,
Sorry for my late reply but I'm out these days, I tried to disable the plugins before open support ticket without success, I will try again asap within next days and I'll inform you.

Thank you.

July 1, 2019 at 3:29 pm #4120847

Yvette
Supporter

ok - thanks!

July 2, 2019 at 8:57 pm #4129991

argroK

Hello
I disable all the plugins one by one without success. see in attached picture witch plugin are enabled.
If I remember correct before contact you when I disable plugin WooCommerce Multilingual the translation works (not in product) but this doesn't happen now.

I test also the live site and test install at test1.fabric-art.gr

You can login in test1.fabric-art.gr if you want to make test.

Thank you

July 3, 2019 at 3:31 pm #4137877

Yvette
Supporter

Curiously, the only difference I can find between the copy of your site on my test server and the test system that you are using is the level of PHP that is being used.
(see image)

I do not have access to PHP 7.3 on my test server but with your Cpanel, you shoudl be able to try changing the PHP level down to 7.2. Would you be able to try this?

You can ask your server support for assistance. If not, I can try to find a way to get a hold of PHP7.3

July 5, 2019 at 11:34 am #4150817

argroK

Hello Yvatte,
I change php version to 7.2.19 but nothing happen.

I restore a backup at test1.fabric-art.gr

I update all plugins except WPML

when I update WPML Multilingual CMS to 4.2.7.1 from 4.2.6 problem appears.

The PHP version for this installations is 7.2.19

in htaccess there is a line "AddHandler application/x-httpd-php72 .php" to change the PHP version, I don't know if this cause error at your local machine maybe you must remove it.

the credential are the same except the ftp username is 24 not 23

Regards,

July 8, 2019 at 9:11 am #4160473

argroK

Hello Yvatte,
Any update on this issue ?
Tomorrow the license ends

Regards,

July 8, 2019 at 10:43 am #4161363

Yvette
Supporter

I´m afraid I am stuck and I will have to escalate this to our 2nd tier support group.
However, I still need to be able to somehow replicate the problem on a new installation.

Since we were not able to do this on a local server, I now ask that you please migrate your site to a couldways server following these instructions:

To troubleshoot this issue without affecting your site I created a test server for you in Cloudways (https://wpml.org/hosting-partner/cloudways/).
If it is OK with you, we can migrate your content there to further debugging without any risk on your end.
To do the migration please follow these simple steps:

1.Install this plugin in your site: Cloudways WordPress Migrator (https://wordpress.org/plugins/bv-cloudways-automated-migration/)

2. After you activate it you will be redirected to the migration form

3. Fill it with this information:
--Email:
Your email here, as you will be notified about the migration progress.

--Destination Site URL:
wordpress-219768-899636.cloudwaysapps.com

--Server Public IP Address:

--Database Name:
mybrsymuuh

--Database User:
mybrsymuuh

--Database Password:
nG7M4YRnys

--SFTP User:
yvette-3985979

--SFTP Password:
yvette-3985979

4. Agree with the terms of service and click on "Migrate"

5. More information:
hidden link
You will get an email when the migration starts, and one when the migration ends.

6. Let me know when the migration is ready and I will check the issue in the test site immediately.

The copy of your site will be online, but search engines won't index it (the copy) so you don't have to worry about duplicate content.

The information you share with us will be confidential. Once the problem is resolved the details you shared with us will be deleted from our records.
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

The topic ‘[Closed] String translation not working after update’ is closed to new replies.