This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
May 21, 2019 at 12:39 pm #3855241

Ángel

String translation not working.

I set this 'echo __('text string','luxury-theme');', but the strings not updating in String translation.

Memory limit is showing a error:
Memory limit 40M A memory limit of at least 128MB is required.

And the memomy limit is on 256MB
Can check: hidden link

May 21, 2019 at 3:50 pm #3856979

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

The new strings might need to be scanned first.

Can you please go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization, select the theme that you are currently using and scan for new strings.

Now please go to WPML > String Translation and see if the new strings show up after you search for it.

You can also find more information about that process here, too:
https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

Please let me know if this solved your issue or if you still need help.

PS: Regarding the memory limit, it indeed shows to me as set to 40MB in the debug info you attached so that would need to be looked upon.

In our forum, however, we try to keep one issue per ticket.

Continuing with one issue per ticket helps not only supporters to focus on one issue at once, but also enables other users to find solutions to their questions faster.

May I kindly ask you to please open a new ticket for the additional issue (and also mark this current ticket as resolved if the issue with the string not found is solved after following the steps above)?

Thank you very much for your understanding.

I will be waiting for your response.

Kind regards,
Mihai Apetrei

May 22, 2019 at 6:17 am #3861221

Ángel

This works but after this 'String Translation' not updating automatically.

May 22, 2019 at 3:38 pm #3867231

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

If you mean that you wrote more code and it's not showing up inside WPML > String Translation until you don't scan the theme, that is expected behavior as far as I know.

What WPML is doing is it scans the strings automatically whenever you install a new theme or plugin.

If, however, you add new custom strings after WPML already scanned that theme/plugin, you would need to scan for them.

I don't know if that's what you were referring to.

Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Mihai