This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 6:41 pm

stefP

I am trying to:

Translate the chat module wp-live chat to Portugese with string translation. But no changes, Still left to Dutch. (standard language is Dutchà In other languages translation was possibile with string translaton. for wp-live chat.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
Bate-papo offline. Deixe uma mensagem.
Bate-papo offline. Deixe uma mensagem.

Instead, I got:
Chat offline. Laat een bericht achter.
Chat offline. Laat een bericht achter
We zijn momenteel offline. Laat een bericht achter en we nemen zo snel mogelijk contact met u op.

What is going wrong?

Thanks for your support!

June 6, 2019 at 9:08 am #3967287

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

You said for other languages the translation was possible. So this means for example that in German you can see those strings translated in the front end?

I'd ask you to do a compatibility test:
- backup your site
- disable all plugin except WPML and its addons
- switch to a default theme like TwentySeventeen
- check if the issue is happening again
- if it's not, reactivate your plugins one by one, checking every time if the issue shows up again
- lastly, reactivate your theme

If this doesn't work we'll try to reproduce on a fresh install.

June 12, 2019 at 6:16 pm #4006949

stefP

Thanks Laura for your help.

But your suggestion isn't working. Disabled everything but the issue still remains.

Thanks for your support.

June 13, 2019 at 10:08 am #4011625

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

You said for other languages the translation was possible. So this means for example that in German you can see those strings translated in the front end? Even with Portuguese? If so, when it stopped working, after an update?

The topic ‘[Closed] String translation not working for Portugese for WP Live Chat’ is closed to new replies.