We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 5 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 3, 2019 at 5:53 pm #3945115

johnM-63

please refer back to this ticket for the details and logins etc...
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/shipping-methods-not-translating/page/2/#post-3945075

I am trying to: translate flat rate shipping text

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link (if you dont have a postal code set)

I expected to see:
Coût du transport (Routier)

Instead, I got: Shipping Cost Calculation

i adde the codes as mentioned in previous ticket, followed the steps yet it doesnt translate this time?

June 3, 2019 at 7:24 pm #3945523
johnM-63

i am also seeing this error in the error log which from searching seems in some way related to wpml
PHP Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1282

New threads created by Dennis and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/php-error-object-of-class-wp_error-could-not-be-converted-to-string/

June 4, 2019 at 4:01 am #3947773

Dennis

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

About your question on the error messages, according to our support rules, we are able to handle only one issue per ticket. For that reason I have created a new thread regarding the new question you have. I'll check it out in a few moments.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 4, 2019 at 7:48 am #3948775

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details.

I have successfully created a duplicator package. I will download a copy and try deploy it on my local machine. Then I will continue debugging your site locally and will give you feedback when I got some results.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 4, 2019 at 11:01 am #3950623

Dennis

Hi,

I tried to access the cart page but I was not able to find the strings 'Shipping Cost Calculation' and 'Coût du transport'. But I can see the strings 'Calculate shipping' and 'Calculer le Transport'. Are you referring to these strings? If not, could you please describe on how to find the strings in question so I can understand the issue better? It would be great if you could share some screenshots to describe the issue. You can find the 'Upload an image' button below the comment area.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 4, 2019 at 3:12 pm #3953097

johnM-63

Hi Dennis?

umm i have NEVER seen that show up how did you get that to show (nor has my client or testers) it could be because your IP is not in canada? it always just showed shipping to . and click the change address when there wasnt something set?

just look in the shipping settings in woocommerce.... settings and look at any of the zones, to see the headings we have used fro shipping.

you can use

postal code: G1Z 2Y1
province: Quebec

to enter on that screen and get the shipping options that show up.

let me know

thanks

June 5, 2019 at 3:03 pm #3962163

Dennis

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have updated your XML Configuration code and translated the string from WPML > String Translation and it seems to work on my end. Please see attached image.

Could you please check and confirm if the issue is now resolved?

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Dennis

June 6, 2019 at 5:25 pm #3971191

johnM-63

thanks, is there anyway to do it for ALL of them like

what did you change?

<key name="woocommerce_apg_shipping_*_settings">

or have to do each one individually?

or why not make it work properly from the original settings, i am going to have over 100 entries now if i have to do each one separately for all shipping methods and zones?

Thanks
John

June 7, 2019 at 1:59 am #3972707

Dennis

Hi,

I have added the following key name to your Custom XML Configuration code:

<key name="woocommerce_flat_rate_145_settings">
            <key name="title"/></key>

Unfortunately, you can't use the wildcard '*' that way. You have to add the keys individually on your Custom XML Configuration code.

Documentation:

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

Kind regards,
Dennis