Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robinM-14 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
May 21, 2019 at 7:04 am #3852411

robinM-14

I am trying to preserve a Headline "Made & Engineered in Germany" in English and German as a slogan. Either with the advanced translation or with the string translation, I can see that the "translation" looks good e.g. in both cases "Made & Engineered in Germany" but on the page it is displayed as "Made & Engineered in Germany"

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: "Made & Engineered in Germany"

Instead, I got: "Made & Engineered in Germany"

I´m using Avada 5.9.1 and the guys from Avada have recommended your plugin because it´s 100% compatible with all the functions of the theme.

Your help is much appreciated! Thanks!

May 21, 2019 at 8:55 am #3853353

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I checked both your English and German site and both of them have & sign not '&amp' : hidden link

Please hard clear you browser cache and check or check this in incognito mode or check this in another laptop/pc

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

May 21, 2019 at 9:15 am #3853455

robinM-14

Thanks for the reply!

Yes you´re right. Now the & has turned correctly into &. I´ve encountered this problem already since few days but somehow it has been fixed. Seems to work now. Thanks!

May 21, 2019 at 9:43 am #3853641

robinM-14

Dear Riffaz,

it seems that the problem still persits on other pages: hidden link

If´ve already tried different browsers and made sure that the caches were empty.

Moreover, there seems to be a consitency issue on the home page: hidden link
On the right bottom text element there should be the English translation, but it´s still displayed in German (although the translation was made correctly)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

May 21, 2019 at 1:33 pm #3855541

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Let me know your site login details to check this closely.
The next reply is private.

Regards,

May 22, 2019 at 6:47 am #3861541

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

I fixed the & issue in your about us page.

It seems your theme or a plugin is reverting back & sign to &
as a work around I directly edited the block and changed it by toggling the language in backend: hidden link

regarding your other question about mixed content please ask it in a new ticket to avoid the confusion and to reduce the waiting time.

Regards,
Riffaz.

May 22, 2019 at 3:10 pm #3867033

robinM-14

My issue is resolved now, but it´s only a workaround and no general fix because I´ve lost the linking between both translations. However Thank you!