If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by robinM-14 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Riffaz.

Author Posts
May 21, 2019 at 7:04 am #3852411

robinM-14

I am trying to preserve a Headline "Made & Engineered in Germany" in English and German as a slogan. Either with the advanced translation or with the string translation, I can see that the "translation" looks good e.g. in both cases "Made & Engineered in Germany" but on the page it is displayed as "Made & Engineered in Germany"

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: "Made & Engineered in Germany"

Instead, I got: "Made & Engineered in Germany"

I´m using Avada 5.9.1 and the guys from Avada have recommended your plugin because it´s 100% compatible with all the functions of the theme.

Your help is much appreciated! Thanks!

May 21, 2019 at 8:55 am #3853353

Riffaz
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Colombo (GMT+05:30)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I checked both your English and German site and both of them have & sign not '&amp' : hidden link

Please hard clear you browser cache and check or check this in incognito mode or check this in another laptop/pc

Let me know how it goes.

Regards,
Riffaz.

May 21, 2019 at 9:15 am #3853455

robinM-14

Thanks for the reply!

Yes you´re right. Now the & has turned correctly into &. I´ve encountered this problem already since few days but somehow it has been fixed. Seems to work now. Thanks!

May 21, 2019 at 9:43 am #3853641

robinM-14

Dear Riffaz,

it seems that the problem still persits on other pages: hidden link

If´ve already tried different browsers and made sure that the caches were empty.

Moreover, there seems to be a consitency issue on the home page: hidden link
On the right bottom text element there should be the English translation, but it´s still displayed in German (although the translation was made correctly)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

May 21, 2019 at 1:33 pm #3855541

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Let me know your site login details to check this closely.
The next reply is private.

Regards,

May 22, 2019 at 6:47 am #3861541

Riffaz
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the details.

I fixed the & issue in your about us page.

It seems your theme or a plugin is reverting back & sign to &
as a work around I directly edited the block and changed it by toggling the language in backend: hidden link

regarding your other question about mixed content please ask it in a new ticket to avoid the confusion and to reduce the waiting time.

Regards,
Riffaz.

May 22, 2019 at 3:10 pm #3867033

robinM-14

My issue is resolved now, but it´s only a workaround and no general fix because I´ve lost the linking between both translations. However Thank you!