This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 9 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
January 15, 2019 at 10:23 am #3092088

attilaC-5

I am trying to: fix this issue :/

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link overall footer area

I expected to see: See the strings in the set language forever

Instead, I got: The string translation changes randomly for the other language. I have to update it over and over again. Sometimes it stays for a week, sometimes just for a day. Not becouse plugin updates. I checked it already.

January 15, 2019 at 11:14 am #3092481

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Without knowing an exact cause, we may be looking for an needle in a haystack I'm afraid. There is one thing though:

"The string translation changes randomly for the other language."

Does it update to the native language text or some other text, picked from a random translation? The overall footer area - that's the "Stay in the flow!" part?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

January 15, 2019 at 11:40 am #3092554

attilaC-5

Thank you for your fast response. I ment the Impressum/Privacy policy, etc.
The text remains, just on the other language. Fe: Both will be english, or both hungarian.
At String Translations it stays "Translation needs update". Than I need to change the language of the selected string" Update it, and it works again for a while.
Same goes to my other site: hidden link as well. Here for example both english now, I should update it again, but I leave it for you now.

January 15, 2019 at 12:08 pm #3092617

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

At what point does this change occur? Do you change the text of one footer or change something within Divi options panel? By finding an exact trigger, we may be able to troubleshoot this more easily.

We've had some questions related to proper way to translate Divi footer:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/need-help-to-translate-in-divi-theme-the-footer/
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/divi-footer-translate/

But from what I gather, you had no issues with translating this using String Translation.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

January 15, 2019 at 12:50 pm #3092854

attilaC-5

They change randomly. I cannot connect it to any changes I made. Sometimes I don't make any, and the strings are still changing. For example here(img) says everything is fine, still it isn't working on the frontpage. I suppose I would change the languages of the strings, and change it back to the way it should be(as it is now), it would appear again on the correct way.
Looks like it overwrites itself somehow. 🙁

January 15, 2019 at 2:04 pm #3093174

attilaC-5

I also need an assistance with an other issue, which is the same as here:
hidden link
I've been redirected to WPML.

January 15, 2019 at 2:19 pm #3093264

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I see - well, that's the problem. 🙁 Without knowing the exact trigger, I'm afraid there isn't much we can do at this point. You might want to try different things, like updating theme options, perhaps changing page contents, updating translations, etc, until (or if) this happens and then mark the change. That might narrow possible causes down. Could be even some server related thing, like caching, failed backup or something else, there could be literally 100s of reasons on why this might happening.

As for another issue you’re having, for support rules we are able to handle only one issue at a time. This help us to bring you a better service and also help other users to find all the information here exposed (easier for other clients to find solutions to their issues). Can you open a new ticket for this?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

January 15, 2019 at 2:48 pm #3093411

attilaC-5

"You might want to try different things, like updating theme options, perhaps changing page contents, updating translations, etc, until (or if) this happens and then mark the change."
Does it have anything to do with the string translations on the bottom bar? The thing is, that I'm using it on 2 sites, and both of them behaves on the same way. They are changing the languages as they like. On both pages everything is uptodate and this problem is going on since the beginning they've been released. Any suggestions I could try to fix the problem?
For the other question I open an other ticket than.

January 15, 2019 at 4:34 pm #3093973

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I have discussed this issue with my colleagues to find out if they had similar issues - can you check if this issue occurs when:

- You have a page where you are using a global section (that footer presumably)
- Now go back to the Divi library and edit the section in translation editor
- Mark the translation completed and save
- Go the page now and update
- Check if the footer strings reverted

So possibly something related to updating any page and/or where footer global section (if used) or updating that footer section.

Another thing - some colleagues suggest the following - specifically "fragment caching" option from your caching plugin. Can you check if this has been activated (if exists) or try disabling this?

Regards,
Bruno Kos

January 15, 2019 at 5:52 pm #3094284

attilaC-5

Thank you!
Bottom bar is not a so called global section, it can be edited in Theme Customizer. There's no other option to edit it, except of footer.php file maybe.
"fragment caching" option is not enabled - I don't have it.
One thing I recognized, that memory_limit was only 40M, what I raised to 128 now to see if it could cause the problem. I changed back the strings to "normal" and wait now, what will happen.
Thank you for trying to help me. I wait now and let you know if it solved my problem. Usually it took max. a couple of days for the strings to mix themselves up again.

January 16, 2019 at 8:12 am #3096387

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I see - have you tried perhaps asking in Divi forums about this? Maybe some of their users reported the same behavior and someone might know the exact trigger. Because I wasn't able to find anything similar either within our closed topics or internal documentation.

Ok, let me know once you'll have more info or possible feedback.

Regards,
Bruno Kos