This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by rohanK 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
July 31, 2019 at 12:04 pm #4314137

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

Sure please do test our website, we have backups. I am not sure who upload this plug in as I use Duplicator to make backup and transfer website. Actually all the pages are very slow but I guess you can test those ones :
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Looking forward to hearing from you and know the results,

Kind regards,

Sophie

July 31, 2019 at 12:15 pm #4314215

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello Sophie,

I am downloading the Duplicator package in your website as it is created yesterday, I beleive it will be enough for our testing. The testing may take a couple of days, I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 1, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4322749

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

Thank you very much, I am looking forward to hearing about the results. Do you have an idea when the Beta version will be launch to the clients who gave their website for test? Is it in a week, two or at the end of the month?

Waiting for your news,

Kind regards

August 7, 2019 at 2:30 am #4351353

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

Do you have any update for us?

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards

August 12, 2019 at 10:49 am #4380181

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

Hope you are well. Do you have any update for us?

Kind regards,

Sophie

August 13, 2019 at 8:37 am #4385871

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Sophie,

My apologies for the late reply. Now that we have published the first beta of our plugins, I run another test on the 3 pages that present long loading time and here the results I found, please note that I deactivated WP Rocket during these tests:
/switzerland/candidates/

• Current WPML plugins, logged in: 12.3s
  • Beta WPML plugins, logged in: 9.85s
  • Current WPML plugins, logged out: 13.1s
  • Beta WPML plugins, logged in: 8.51s

/switzerland/

• Current WPML plugins, logged in: 9.32s
  • Beta WPML plugins, logged in: 8.03s
  • Current WPML plugins, logged out: 7.53s
  • Beta WPML plugins, logged in: 5.93s

/switzerland/employers/

• Current WPML plugins, logged in: 11.9s
  • Beta WPML plugins, logged in: 9.56s
  • Current WPML plugins, logged out: 8.00s
  • Beta WPML plugins, logged in: 8.34s

Conclusion
The WPML beta plugins have decreased the loading time with a performance of 5-50% depending on the tested page or if the user is logged in/out.
The pages still load in +6s, which may be considered a long time, but this depends on the server resources too.

Beta release
Please read our announcement of the Beta release and how to download the plugins.
https://wpml.org/2019/08/wpml-4-3-beta-1-with-much-faster-string-translation/

Please check if you can test from your end too.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 14, 2019 at 1:32 am #4391283

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

I received an email today about it. I don't have access to the FTP on the new server we have migrated our website: hidden link

I just asked to their developers to add your plug ins. I am not sure to see the performance regarding your test.

Concerning your test, what is logged in/logged out? I am not sure to see the improvment especially that test varies from a minute to another up to 1s :/. It seems that all the pages load in more than 8sec exluding one.

I will let let you know when the beta version is running on hidden link

Kind regards

August 14, 2019 at 1:34 am #4391287

rohanK

PS: do you have news concerning this stream: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/widget-translation-languages-menu-in-top-menu/page/6/#post-4391285

August 14, 2019 at 1:52 pm #4395629

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

I just updated the mentioned ticket. Our apologies for the late reply.

What about the beta release of String Translation, have you been able to test it?

Best regards,
Jamal

August 14, 2019 at 2:06 pm #4395781

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

So here is the result after updating your plug ins on Gtmetrix: hidden link

We did see an improvement but we still have a long admin-ajax request of 3,62s in the waterfall.
Also we can still see a few duplicate queries related to WPML on the website when I check the Query Monitor when I am log in. I remember Andreas told me to check it out again when the update will be released and to let him know about it.

Also do you have news concerning the job search bar as I did not get anwer to my last 3 messages on the ticket and that your solution did not work: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/widget-translation-languages-menu-in-top-menu/page/6/

Thanks a lot for your help and support,

Kind reagards,

Sophie

August 15, 2019 at 8:26 am #4399477

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Sophie,

I think that the page is now generated pretty quickly. See the attached image.
The DOM was loaded in 1.02s and the page was loaded in 1.37. The first request was generated in 0.334s. Those are good metrics.

For the Ajax-call, that's how the plugin(wp-fsqm-pro) executes the ajax-call, it waits until the page is rendered. The ajax-call was queued 3.80s before being executed. Then it loads its content in 1.16s.

Generally, the first print(DOM loaded) of the page is very fast, in 1s then the page is operational in 1.37s. I think that improving the hole GTmetrix will need other optimizations than in WPML plugins.

I remain at your disposal, let me know if there is anything else I can do.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 15, 2019 at 4:32 pm #4402405

rohanK

Hello Jamal,

If you check on Gtmetrix it takes 8,8s to load and in real life around 4 sec to show the slider: hidden link

It seems that the slider is load after the long fetching post ajax request from Flow Flow plug in that is after the revolution slider, at the bottom of the page. Do you know why the revolution slider is not loading first? It will make the page load faster on the user hand.

Thanks a lot for your precious help,

Kind regards

Sophie

August 16, 2019 at 9:11 am #4405607

Jamal
Supporter

Hi Sophie,

I am afraid, I don't know how to answer this question.

Best regards,
Jamal

August 16, 2019 at 11:13 am #4405983

rohanK

Thanks for your help with everything anyways 🙂