If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by boulosb 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: José Arcos.

Author Posts
May 10, 2018 at 10:18 pm #2080028

boulosb

Hello,

Every time I activate the String Translation plugin, all the product pages throw a 404 error. All the slugs of the store are translated in the WooCommerce Multilingual section. Hoping you guys can help me resolve the issue.

What I tried. Going to default theme 2017. Still having issue.
Tried with no other plugins active other than WPML plugins and WooCommerce. Still throwing off that error.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Paul

May 11, 2018 at 8:53 am #2084406

José Arcos

Hello, thank you for contact us. I will try to do my best to help you.

Did you re-save permalinks after activating String Translation? Also, can you check if "Translate using string translation is enabled going to WPML -> Themes & Plugins Localization?

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Have a good day.

May 11, 2018 at 12:59 pm #2088966

boulosb

Hello Jose,

Yes I re-saved the permalinks, and the Translate using string translation is enabled.

Best regards,

Paul

May 11, 2018 at 1:00 pm #2088980

José Arcos

Hello again, I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok for you.

** IMPORTANT **
- Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
- If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link
 
Thank you.

May 11, 2018 at 1:59 pm #2089711

José Arcos

Hello, thanks for the data. I just entered in your site and I saw that the plugin disabled is WPML Media, but in your first message, you talked about WPML String Translation. What is the plugin causing the issue, Media or String Translation?

Thanks.

May 11, 2018 at 2:06 pm #2089757

boulosb

The issue here is String Translation.

There is another ticket opened for WPML Media with an issue on all my sites...

Best regards,

Paul

May 11, 2018 at 2:07 pm #2089784

boulosb

So basically I have to keep Media deactivated so that images can be uploaded, and right now there is an issue with that, so I need to keep it deactivated. But the issues do not seem to be related in any way...

May 11, 2018 at 3:48 pm #2090959

José Arcos

Hello again, thanks for the info. I'm still looking at this, in the meantime, I have also escalated the issue to our 2nd tier in order to accelerate the fix. I will back to you as soon as I have something to share.

Thanks for your patience.

May 16, 2018 at 11:18 am #2155777

boulosb

Hello José,

Any updates on this? This is really urgent. We are waiting on this fix to launch the site and the client is not really happy with this. I'm hoping we can get a resolution by tomorrow at the very latest. If this is not possible, please escalate this to someone who can make it possible.

Best regards,

Paul

May 17, 2018 at 11:06 am #2174266

José Arcos

Hello again, our supporters are still looking at the issue. I will try to speed up this as much as possible. I will back to you when I have something new to share.

Thanks for your patience.

May 22, 2018 at 2:02 am #2204865

boulosb

Any updates? It's been almost 2 weeks since I opened the ticket. I'm hoping for a resolution within the next 2 days.

May 22, 2018 at 8:53 am #2205945

José Arcos

Hello again, our developers have been working on it, and it seems that the issue is not easy to fix, let me ask again, I'll back to you later today.

Thanks for your patience.

May 22, 2018 at 9:32 am #2206484

José Arcos

Hello again, the problem is that the product attribute has the slug "produit" in the English language and without translation to French. So if the product slug is also "product" or "produit" and translated to French as "produit" it creates an issue with the rewrite logic.
A simple fix would be to change that attribute translation/set that attribute translation to "produit-attribute" or something like that. Then the product base can be "produit" once more time without a problem.

Please let me know if this solves the issue or if you need further details.

Have a good day.

May 23, 2018 at 1:58 am #2212431

boulosb

That did it! Thanks man! I changed the attribute Product to a different slug (product-2) and everything is back to normal.