This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
WooCommerce Estimated Shipping Date Per Product estimated date text is not translating
Solution:
In order to get this resolved, in wp-content/plugins/rp-product-deliverydate/lib/main.php line 374, replace:

$settingText = (isset($estSetting['esttext']) && trim($estSetting['esttext']) != "") ? $estSetting['esttext'] : $this->get_setting('estimate_text');

with

$settingText = (isset($estSetting['esttext']) && trim($estSetting['esttext']) != "") ? $estSetting['esttext'] : get_option('rpesp-setting')['estimate_text'];

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by leonK-5 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
September 10, 2019 at 9:37 am #4543647

leonK-5

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I am trying to translate a string on my product pages, for example on this page hidden link de string "Bestel nu en ontvang het pedaal op 13 September!" is not translated into English

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I have tried about everything I can find online. The string is recognised in the String Translation section of WPML. I translated it and checked the box 'translation complete' but nothing happens. All other strings on my site are translated, so I only have a problem with this one.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

September 10, 2019 at 11:19 am #4544595

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

This has been escalated to our Compatibility team and may take some debugging time, I'll get back to you as soon as I have any news or questions for you.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 11, 2019 at 6:11 am #4550785

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

I have news from compatibility team. As we suspected, the function which retrieves this text is being called to early, hence the string translation wasn't loaded yet and the plugin had nowhere to get the translation from.

In order to get this resolved, in wp-content/plugins/rp-product-deliverydate/lib/main.php line 374, replace:

$settingText = (isset($estSetting['esttext']) && trim($estSetting['esttext']) != "") ? $estSetting['esttext'] : $this->get_setting('estimate_text');

with

$settingText = (isset($estSetting['esttext']) && trim($estSetting['esttext']) != "") ? $estSetting['esttext'] : get_option('rpesp-setting')['estimate_text'];

It works properly here as you can see:
hidden link

However, you would need to do this on each plugin update, so perhaps you could reach out plugin developers and let them know about our solution, so that they can implement this in the future versions of the plugin.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

September 11, 2019 at 6:45 am #4550919

leonK-5

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!