This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
June 21, 2019 at 10:04 am #4066097

sanderB-8

Tell us what you are trying to do?

We've noticed that as soon as we activate the WPML String Translation plugin the website sends outs lots of request for labels for every plugin which makes the site a lot slower. Is there a way to not have the plugin do this for everything but limit it or controle for which ones its needed?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I've checked https://wpml.org/faq/prevent-performance-issues-with-wpml/ but the developer says it already done this.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

June 21, 2019 at 7:22 pm #4069019

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this. I think you are referring to the auto registration for the strings. You can control that by going to WPML -> String Translation. Below the string translation, there is a section where you can select which plugins and domains you would like to automatically register strings for.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

June 25, 2019 at 1:44 pm #4085009

sanderB-8

Hi Lauren,

I went to String Translation and there are multiple options there. It starts with the domain context name list, there are more than 4000 entries there. Do i have to delete all the not translated ones?

The check for new strings was already turned of but there is another section below for automatic register strings like you said. But I don't know if this part is translated right in Dutch because i got confused. If I only want to use the string translation for 1 plugin do i need to check this one or uncheck. Because whatever i do it keeps saying those are excluded. But the same happens when i uncheck everything. Can you let me know what is the right setting for this?

Hope to hear from you. Thanks!

June 25, 2019 at 2:53 pm #4085653

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

YOu can disable the plugins that you do not need to translate the strings for in the Automatic Register Strings section. You will still need to delete the strings that do not need translation, because they were already registered.

Please keep in mind that some plugins/themes use wpml-config.xml files that automatically register their strings, and those strings will not be able to be removed unless you edit the wpml-config.xml files.

I hope this answers your question - please let me know if you need further assistance and I will be happy to help.