This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
May 3, 2019 at 4:05 pm #3736533

giuseppes-10

when i active string translation component or WooCommerce Multilingual, the site stop working
I have:
WordPress 4.9.10 with theme Oshin
woocommerce 3.4.5
help me , thank's
by
Sergio

May 3, 2019 at 8:35 pm #3737855

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Customer Support.
Please download the latest versions of WPML Multilingual CMS 4.2.6 at https://wpml.org/downloads.

Deactivate and delete all WPML plugins. Do not worry, this process will not affect your translations and settings stored in the database.

Add WPML Mulitlingual CMS 4.2.6 again.

Then go to Plugins -> Install -> Commercial and download the add-ons. Also, select the "Enable After Download" button at the bottom of the plug-in selector.

Also make sure to update WooCommerce and andy other used plugin, as your theme as well.

Did you further consider to update WordPress to 5.1.1?

Please let me know if the issue has been resolved.

Yours sincerely
Andreas

May 6, 2019 at 9:58 pm #3752829

giuseppes-10

I updated plugins and wordpress, removed and re-installed wpml but when I activate WPML String Translation, the site crashes ... white screen on both front and backend

May 6, 2019 at 10:06 pm #3752837

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.
More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] String Translation problem’ is closed to new replies.