If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 25, 2019 at 9:14 am #4082575

andrewW-27

Hi, I have translated the string "Change shipping country" in backend, but it do not appear in website front end.

Shall I know how I can fix this ?

Looking forwards to your reply.

Regards,
Andrew

June 25, 2019 at 10:43 am #4083397

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Andrew,

I will help you with your issue,

Please go to WPML > String translation and search for the string "Change shipping country" check if there is more than one string appear for translation share a screenshot of the string translation table.

Please let me know whether the string in question is added by any plugin if yes, Please let me know if there is any provision to alter or update the texts, In such cases, the Strings will be available as admin texts we have to add the appropriate admin text string for the translation to work

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/string-translation/#admin_texts

If you are stuck please share temporary access to your site, Let me check the details for you

Kind regards
Raja

June 25, 2019 at 12:48 pm #4084703

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

Thanks for the information,
I have checked a few parameters in your site. However, it doesn't help much.

Please update the WPML plugins to the latest version check if that helps, If that's not helping much, I would request a snapshot (copy) of your site, You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. I have enabled private fields for you to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

June 26, 2019 at 9:26 am #4090879

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

I have tested the issue it seems to be happening with minimal setup. To isolate the issue I have created a test site ( clean WordPress site ) Which can be accessed from

One Click Login: hidden link

Please try to replicate the issue, Add a few dummy Flat rate shipping zones check if you can translate the string "Change shipping country" in the sandbox site. Please let me know the results

Kind regards
Raja

June 26, 2019 at 11:00 am #4091753

andrewW-27

Hi, I have tested your site and I found the problem is solved. Shall I know how I can fix this in my site ?

Looking forwards to your reply.

Thanks.
Regards,
Andrew

June 26, 2019 at 12:27 pm #4092469

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,

Please try adding shipping methods and make it visible in the front end, Maybe that's the key we are missing here. Let me know if that helps.

Kind regards
Raja

June 26, 2019 at 2:25 pm #4093225

andrewW-27

Hi, I have added the shipping methods, and tested. The demo site do not have problem we faced. The string can translate prefectly. Attached please find the screencap....You can see the translated string "變更地址".

Any thing you have done to make this work ? Please advice.

Looking forwards to your reply

Regards,
Andrew

June 27, 2019 at 3:30 am #4096331

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,
I have checked the issue in detail, For some reason, the cart-shipping.php template in your WooCommerce plugin has been altered and the text "Change shipping country" has been hardcoded to the function woocommerce_shipping_calculator ( check the attached screenshot).

To resolve the issue please upload a fresh copy of WooCommerce plugin to your site, do not make any customization to the WooCoomerce core plugin files.

I hope this helps you resolve your issue.

Kind regards
Raja