This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
June 21, 2019 at 2:37 pm #4067835

andrijaK

An issue started manifesting recently on my website - it's a custom theme with all the wordpress codex standards followed.

It's a bit specific. The default language of the theme strings is English. Default language of my site is Serbian, and I have Slovenian activated as well. Theme text domain is djs and when I translate something from english to serbian and slovenian, just to slovenian translation works.

The field in the theme is set up correctly (<?php esc_html_e('Read More','djs'); ?>) and it shows up in string translations with default language in english, but the translation to serbian is not showing up on front-end (it is saved in backend), and slovenian works fine.

June 24, 2019 at 3:33 am #4074371

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

Could you please try these steps and see if it resolves the issue?

Note: Please make sure to make a complete backup of your site before proceeding.

-Go to WPML>>Support page
-Click on Troubleshooting link (link in the middle of the page)
-In Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of 'Clean up' section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.
- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Fix terms count
- Fix post type assignment
-Recreate ST DB cache tables
-re-scan your theme for strings at WPML > Theme and plugins localization
-go to WPML > String Translation
-find and translate the string. check 'translation is complete' . click 'save'

Does it help? Please let me know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Dennis

The topic ‘[Closed] String translation skipping the default language (serbian), works for another’ is closed to new replies.