If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by zsoltS-4 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 14, 2019 at 11:22 am #3806271

zsoltS-4

Hi,

I got the following message:
"There is a problem with the String Translation table in your site. This problem is not causing a problem running the site right now, but can become a critical issue in the future. WPML support team knows how to fix it. Please add a message in the relevant support thread and we'll fix it for you."

Please, check my site what might cause the error.

Thanks!

May 14, 2019 at 11:30 am #3806343

zsoltS-4

We also get this error:
"WPML is missing some records in the languages tables and it cannot fully work until this issue is fixed.
Please go to the Troubleshooting page and click on "Clear language information and repopulate languages" to fix this problem.
This warning will disappear once this issue is fixed."

We already did the instructions before, then it seemed to work, but now it shows the same error, and this button doesn't show anymore in Troublshooting.
I think it might be something about Multisite and WPML conflict (we have a multisite with .com, .ch and .co.uk domains, first two having WPML installed and set up on them. On .com site it is working fine, now we tried to set it up on .ch site, and here we get these errors.

Please, let me know if you need any access to the site.

May 14, 2019 at 3:39 pm #3808769

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Could you please let me have access to your site so I can try and fix this issue?
I'm going to need also FTP access because I'll need to install the Adminer (hidden link) script to manage the DB of your site.
Please allow me to do that as well. And please take a full backup of your site and DB before sharing with me all the details.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

May 23, 2019 at 11:35 am #3874709

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

I'd like to handle your ticket from now on. I tried to access your site to do some tests, but the credentials you provided do not give me access to the dashboard. I see you have a multisite so I would need a network admin account in order to check.

I'd also like to ask you if I have the permission to eventually install some plugins to check the database if needed (I won't make any changes before checking with you first).

May 23, 2019 at 3:39 pm #3877547

zsoltS-4

Hi,
Please try again with this pw:
[edited]
Super admin rights added.
Can't find how to make this private.

May 24, 2019 at 10:21 am #3883465

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

you might add the password editing your previous private answer.

I accessed your site but I can't see the message about String Translation error. It's solved or am I missing something?

May 24, 2019 at 5:06 pm #3886593

zsoltS-4

Very strange. Seems to have disappeared and it is working fine now.

May 24, 2019 at 5:07 pm #3886599

zsoltS-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!