Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.4 before reporting any issue

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
June 27, 2019 at 11:41 am #4099723

rajG

Hi,

I have created a plugin with custom form. There is a message field. The value of message field is not translated on front. Please check below image.

June 27, 2019 at 1:13 pm #4100193

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Raj,

All the custom fields can be translated through Dashboard → WPML → String Translation. However, in order to let WPML "know" about these fields, you need to create a XML configuration file. You can find some more details about this right here https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/. Can you create this file for your plugin and tell me if you can see the value of these fields in String Translation this time, please?

Thanks,
Radu

June 27, 2019 at 1:20 pm #4100335

rajG

Hey Radu,

I didn't get custom message field value in Dashboard → WPML → String Translation. I can provide you admin details if you want

June 28, 2019 at 7:04 am #4104963

Radu
Supporter

Hey Raj,

I set the next reply to be private so you can safely send me the credentials to the dashboard area. This way I'll be able to check things out and see why are they not appearing in String translation.

Thanks,
Radu

June 28, 2019 at 9:21 am #4105977

Radu
Supporter

Hey Raj,

I just set the previous message to be private. Just edit your previous message, add the credentials, and give me a message back once you did that.

Thanks,
Radu

June 28, 2019 at 10:14 am #4106449

rajG

Hey Radu,

I just edited my previous private reply. Please check.

Thanks

June 28, 2019 at 10:37 am #4106603

Radu
Supporter

Hey Raj,

Thank you for attaching the credentials.
Now, can you tell me where these elements (both week off and holidays) are displayed on the frontend, please? I just want to be able to check the translations once I manage to create them. Also, how can I add new items to these lists?

Thanks,
Radu

June 28, 2019 at 11:54 am #4107061

rajG

Hi,

On click of add to cart button
hidden link

July 1, 2019 at 9:03 am #4116821

Radu
Supporter

Hey Raj,

Can you tell me if the dashboard link is different now, please? I tried to use the one you previously send to me but it's not loading. I can access the Online bestselling page but I have no luck with the admin one.

Thanks,
Radu

July 8, 2019 at 10:10 am #4160849

rajG

Hi,

Admin details are same. Please check once again.

July 10, 2019 at 5:45 am #4176225

Radu
Supporter

Hey Raj,

It seems that the website is no longer on the /beta/ directory and that's why I wasn't able to find the dashboard link.
I wanted to check the code of the Week Off plugin but I can see that I don't have access to Dashboard → Plugins → Plugin Editor. Can you check my account permissions so I can access this section, please? I just want to have a look and see how the week off message is saved to the database to find out if it can be made translatable or not.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] string translation with custom form’ is closed to new replies.