This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Dennis 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Dennis.

Author Posts
April 20, 2019 at 4:32 pm #3650657

MOOI

Hi There & Happy Eastern

I trying to find strings, I found them once, but now it will not appear.
Also some sting translation won't apply like HOME

Is there a similar example: hidden link the breadcrumb - HOME

the link to site: hidden link

I think I made a mistake at the beginning: although the content is in Hungarian, from sting-translation point of view I would have rather choose english as the stings are english.
This might cause issue?

I already tried to Theme and plugins localization to scan for stings, but on the home "A few services" won't be found as sting, although it should. My second issue is with the breadcrumb.
Maybe if I would revert to the very begging to the setup wizard - is there an option?
Or If you have any better idea, please let me know.

Pleas let me know if you need WP-login. (could you sent the restricted from please?)

April 22, 2019 at 6:44 am #3654039

Dennis
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Manila (GMT+08:00)

Hi,

Welcome to WPML Support forum.

I would like to request temporary access (/wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. Your next reply will be set to private.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally to continue debugging and escalate if necessary. For this I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Please confirm if this okay with you.

Our Debugging Procedures
I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to BACKUP the site before providing us access.

Privacy and Security Policy
We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 23, 2019 at 7:07 am #3659861

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for providing us with the access details.

I was able to find the "WELCOME TO THE PARTY BUS' OFFICIAL WEBSITE!" string in String Translation page under 'rockon' text domain.

For the 'A few services' string please search the string under 'admin_texts_rockon_data' and change the default language of the string to English. Refresh the page and translate the string accordingly.

Please see attached images for reference.

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 23, 2019 at 8:17 am #3660489

MOOI

Hello Dennis, thanks for follwoing up this.

I had changed the sting, but I sitll it's wrongly displayed, assume this should be also onder rockon.
Or the same like the breadcrumb sting HOME error: it woun't translate.

Could you please kindly check those?
Thanks a lot!

April 23, 2019 at 9:44 am #3661467

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your update.

I can see the issue on your site. I would like to request your permission to install Duplicator plugin, build a package and download a copy so I can continue debugging locally and without affecting your site. Please let me know if I can proceed.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 23, 2019 at 9:51 am #3661565

MOOI

Sure, please proceed, this is a demo page.
Kind Regards,
MOOI

April 23, 2019 at 10:04 am #3661703

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have successfully built a duplicator package and I will download a copy and try deploy it on my local machine. Then I will continue debugging your site locally and will give you feedback when I got some results.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 24, 2019 at 3:04 am #3668917

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for waiting.

I checked the theme files and it seems that strings like 'A few services' and 'Home' are not properly wrapped by GetText calls. n order for these translations to appear in the site, * The texts must be wrapped in GetText calls.

Documentation:
https://wpml.org/faq/language-setup/

Could you please try these steps? Please backup your site completely before proceeding.

To Translate: 'A few services' string:

-Edit /themes/rockon/page-home.php line: 58

Replace this code:

<h1>'.esc_html($titl).'</h1>

With this code.

<h1>'.esc_html(__($titl, 'admin_texts_rockon_data')).'</h1>

To translate 'Home' string:

-Edit /themes/rockon/vendor/include/rockon_breadcrumb.php line: 20

Replace this code:

echo 'Home';

With this code.

echo __('Home', 'rockon_breadcrumb');

-go to WPML > Theme and plugins localization.
-under Strings in the themes section, select your theme (rockon).
-click 'Scan selected themes for strings'
-go to WPML > String Translation
-find and translate the string. check 'translation is complete' . click 'save'

Does it help? Please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dennis

April 26, 2019 at 11:07 am #3690191

MOOI

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

April 26, 2019 at 4:25 pm #3692291
MOOI

Sorry Dennis I found one more sting which won't translate: the "rock_slider_content" Home page "A GURULÓ SZÓRAKOZÓHELY!" could you give me hint for the sting code?

Thanks a lot!

April 29, 2019 at 7:27 am #3700539

Dennis
Supporter

Hi,

I have created a new ticket to cover your second question as it may need a to do a different troubleshooting process. I will make my reply on that ticket in a few moments.

Kind regards,
Dennis