This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Konrad Karpieszuk 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
September 17, 2018 at 1:46 pm #2741204

ianH-10

I am trying to: save string translations in a custom field (Advanced Custom Fields Multilingual) and in the events calendar (EventON Calendar)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: The "School Calendar" title in the calendar translated to French and the "Learn More" buttons above the calendar also in French.

Instead, I got: English.

September 18, 2018 at 11:55 am #2744941

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I am Konrad and I will try to help you

Could I get access to your site? I marked your next reply as private.

September 24, 2018 at 8:22 am #2759722

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hello, this is just a quick reply that I am sick today and I will reply for real tomorrow to you. I am sorry for this inconvenience.

September 25, 2018 at 8:07 am #2762914

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hello

do you allow me to do any changes on this site? In particular I am going to deactivate some plugins, edit theme files...

September 27, 2018 at 1:51 am #2768925

ianH-10

Hi Konrad,
Yes, you can make changes. The access I sent you is to our development environment.
Thanks,
Ian

September 27, 2018 at 9:35 am #2769973

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Hello

I downloaded your site locally and debuged.

I found this "Learn more" text is not coming from ACF but from the theme from file homepage.php where it is defined as:

<a href="<?=$link;?>" class="program-button"><?=__('Learn More', 'mont');?></a>

I found that if I put this theme to any other (twenty fourteen, for example) and switch to this theme, this text is easily translatable.

There must be some issue in the theme. Unfortunately, we are not supporting custom made themes. Please contact with the theme author to resolve the issue.