This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Please make sure to update to WPML to the latest and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This topic contains 31 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
February 17, 2020 at 5:17 pm #5509681

attilaC-5

Tell us what you are trying to do? Keep string translation as set

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Original language was HU on the site, switched to EN. Since than in Theme customizer - Footer - Bottom Bar the credits are changing back to the first language themself. Also in string translations the text appears wrong.
I tried many ways already to solve the problem, like changing directions and back. Change text in Footer credits, but without result. It stays there for a couple of days, than changes again. Divi support sent me to you, as they have no idea, why it happens. Thank you.

February 18, 2020 at 3:49 pm #5516917

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Diagnostic
If you enable the following configuraiton option, do the strings then remain transalted correctly?

WPML > String Tranlsation > Auto register strings for transaltion > Look for strings while pages are rendered

2. Please upload a screenshot of the area of the frontend that you are referring to so that I am sure to be focusing on the right place. Also send navigation steps to get to the screen.

3. Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

Thanks

February 19, 2020 at 4:38 pm #5526067

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

To start the troubleshooting, please upgrade your WPML plugin modules to the latest releases (see image).

You can do this by going to
Plugins > Add new> Commercial

Additionally, we have a new release on the horizon that has better support from Divi 4.0. The current WPML CMS 4.3.6 does have issues with DIVI 4.0 as described here:
https://wpml.org/compatibility/2019/10/update-on-divi-4-0-and-wpml-compatibility/

WPML CMS 4.3.7, being selectively released to clients, and should be available to all clients shortly. I hope that the newest release of our plugins will resolve your issue.

February 19, 2020 at 5:13 pm #5526345

attilaC-5

Dear Yvette, I was unable to update. Why could it be?
Also this problem with the strings in the footer I have on 2 sites and since min. a year now. 🙁
Plus I see, that the text changed in the footer, which never was before. Did you change it?

So I changed the text in Customize settings to english. As it did not appear among the string, I deleted the string, refreshed, and translated to hungarian. As I did this, the footer text in the Customize settings changed to hungarian completely.

At the moment I cannot translate it at all. It's either english, or hungarian.
Waiting for your response.
Thank you

February 19, 2020 at 6:15 pm #5526655

Yvette
Supporter

Hello

I´ve manually updated your modules to their latest releases. So now you are up-to-date.

I have also translated the footer text and , at least for the moment, the footer texts are translating. You need to do a proper translation for the HU language..I only added the text "(HU)" to differentiate the translation.

Are you now saying that this translation will not persist?

One thing that you can try is to temporarily deactivate your caching plugin anytime you make configuration changes to your theme.

February 19, 2020 at 8:05 pm #5527313

attilaC-5

On both language appears the same text (HU) right now again.

February 20, 2020 at 3:27 pm #5534389

Yvette
Supporter

I see this. How very very strange.

Could you please send us a copy of your site as per this documentation:
https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/
You can leave the copy on your site and I can download it once it is ready

I have some more clarification quesitons:
1. Have you noticed any pattern as to when the strings get overwritten?

2. Is there any possibility of creating a cloned site and seeing if the same thing happens on this clone when all other plugins are deactivated? This is to see if the problem is server-related.

3. Did this happen before changing the default language of the site?

Thanks

February 20, 2020 at 3:46 pm #5534661

attilaC-5

Hello Yvette,

point 3. is right. I also have an other site: hidden link which has the same issue. Also at the moment. Common is in those sites, that default language had been changed.

Wordfence just made an announcement for Duplicator plugin, as I remember All in One Migration is okay as well?

I already made a clone site couple of month ago, and the bug remain the same.

Strings change themselves completely randomly. I cannot connect it to an update or something.

February 21, 2020 at 5:18 pm #5543157

Yvette
Supporter

1. You wrote: "..I already made a clone site couple of month ago, and the bug remain the same..."

If the problem is happening on the cloned site and we can do testing there with all other plugins *deactivated* ..this would be ideal.

I am opening the private area for access to this cloned sited. Please confirm that we can deactivate plugins on this site.

2. You wrote: ".. I also have an other site: hidden link which has the same issue..:"
Is this on the same server as the current site?

3. Server
The reason that I suspect a server issue is because the problem happens after a while If the problem was based on code, then the issue would be immediate. Do you have an estimate of how long we have to wait for the problem to happen? days, hours??

February 21, 2020 at 9:23 pm #5543863

attilaC-5

Hello Yvette,

this clone site had been already deleted, but I copied it again. Login:
hidden link
Feel free to do there testing. I might switch on a coming soon mode, but you can switch it off, I just discouraged search engines from indexing, This is the only thing, you should not touch please. 🙂
This site is might be a bit slower.
One more thing, which facing the same issue: hidden link
Also thing in common, changed default language.

2. All sites are on different server.

Waiting for your response.

Beata

February 24, 2020 at 12:50 pm #5554473

Yvette
Supporter

Thank you.

Just to confirm: the cloned site has this same problem?
If so, how long, ususally, do you have to wait for the problem to present itself?

February 24, 2020 at 2:58 pm #5555457

attilaC-5

Yes, it does. I add english text in the Customizer bottom bar, look for it in the strings, translate it. Right after the customizer changes to hungarian, and this is the only language which appears.
Same thing with footer translation on kitexpedition
All other translations look fine.

February 25, 2020 at 1:43 pm #5562877

Yvette
Supporter

It looks like the plugin "Divi Bars" is causing this behaviour.
hidden link

If this pugin is active, then as soon as you visit the HU page, the values of the HU translation get set in the Theme Options.

Please try this yourself.

It may be that there is some kind of setting for this plugin that has retained the idea that the HU is the default language of your site. I think you should check with the support of this plugin.

I wait for your response to these observations

February 25, 2020 at 3:57 pm #5564425

attilaC-5

Hello Yvette,

you're right, looks like it causes this issue. Altough the other site, I mentioned, has no Divi bars on it. I try to check the plugin compatibility.

February 26, 2020 at 12:23 pm #5570987

Yvette
Supporter

Each site is different andn there may be a different plugin that is causing the issue. As we have identified the issue, should we now mark this ticket as resolved?

If you would like to try to get Divi Bars compatible with WPML, then we would have to open a compatbitily ticket, otherwise.