This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 13, 2019 at 8:57 pm

pascalM-3

I am trying to:
Show string translations in both languages (EN and FR)

For this moment we rolled back to an older version of WPML where we dont have the problem, if you update WPML plugin you will notice that all the string in english version are missing and french traductions (original texts) are being shown.

We will send you FTP access so you can copy the site and update the plugins, we didn't notice this problem in other sites. We tried clearing the cache

September 16, 2019 at 6:42 am #4576569

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve these issues.

Please note, I am not able to access the Login URL of the site. It shows *Page not found* error. Check the attached images for more details.

Also, please share the exact steps to reproduce the issue on your site. I mean in which page these strings are appearing in the frontend.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 16, 2019 at 12:35 pm #4580227

pascalM-3

Hello Bigul,

The admin dashboard was blocked by country, we remove this blocking rule for the moment, you acn try again, log in to the wp dashboard, copy the site, update the WPML plugins and see the translated strings in both languages, there are only shown in french.

Thanks for your help

September 16, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4582681

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates and permission. I made a copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin now and will debug the issue soon.

Just to make sure, you have upgraded from WPML 4.2.6 to WPML 4.2.8, am I right?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 16, 2019 at 5:04 pm #4582799

pascalM-3

Hello,

Yes, you're right. We've just upgraded WPML from 4.2.6 to 4.2.8 and the problem has appeared.

We'll wait for the debug results, thanks.

September 17, 2019 at 1:34 pm #4588841

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please check the attached images. On my local copy, I have upgraded all the plugins including WPML to the latest version and went through the frontend pages. But not able to reproduce the issue exactly.

So please let me know in which pages you had the issues with String Translation after upgrading to WPML 4.2.8.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 18, 2019 at 12:47 pm #4596835

pascalM-3

Hello,

Have you checked the home page in both languages? I would like to show you, but i'm afraid of upgrading the WPML plugin and lost the string translations. The english version of the site had many strings in french, and the rest of the site too, except the content coming from the WP pages.

Have you an URL for debugging so we can check it out?

Thanks

September 19, 2019 at 10:13 am #4603509

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. I have configured the site in our Cloudways server for further testing. Please visit the following URL. The credentials are the same. All the plugins are upgraded on the test site except ACF.

hidden link

Please check it and let me know your thoughts.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

The topic ‘[Closed] String translations dont work in default language’ is closed to new replies.