We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I am trying to translate a string with string translation but the field is not editable. Solution: This is the intended behaviour. The string you see is just a placeholder and cannot be edited. That placeholder is used to show that, if nothing is added in the translation field, then that will be the value used.

If you wish to start the translation from the original value, you can copy the original value and paste it there.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jefM 6 months, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
April 19, 2019 at 9:26 am #3644491

jefM

I am trying to translate a string with string translation but the field is not editable.

April 19, 2019 at 9:35 am #3644561

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!

This is the intended behaviour. The string you see is just a placeholder and cannot be edited.
That placeholder is used to show that, if nothing is added in the translation field, then that will be the value used.

If you wish to start the translation from the original value, you can copy the original value and paste it there.

Please let me know if this answers your question or if you need further details.

Thank you

April 19, 2019 at 10:06 am #3644753

jefM

My issue is resolved now. Thank you Vincenzo!