This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by kristjanJ 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
October 6, 2018 at 11:31 pm

kristjanJ

We are trying to get the String & Media Translations showed on hidden link but as all the Translations are put in from the Back-End (WordPress admin) and selected as "Translation is Complete" then still the translated content is not shown or updated regards to the translations when String Translation or Media Translations are used - all the set ups are correct and we went through many different threads on that matter from your website as well all the tutorial pieces with Brooklyn Template (United Themes) and still not working unfortunately - default language is English and German translated version not showing the String neither Media Translations.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

We expect to see on hidden link String & Media Translations which have been correctly inserted through WordPress admin area for German language as well set as "Translation is Complete"/"Use my translation", but not shown in the Front-End of hidden link.

Instead, we still get the English versions of the content from String & Media Translations of WPML, which are not replaced with German translations on Front-End.

Meanwhile looking forward to your quick reply and truly appreciate your help - thanks in advannce.

** We made some sample screenshots of the individual String Translations as well Media Translations to German, so you see it's all done correctly - but all the missing parts of the page have been translated in WPML - just nothing comes up on a Front-End, which is very strange - been reading and browsing through your forums etc, but can't figure out or identify why it doesn't work and thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Kind regards,
kristjanJ

October 8, 2018 at 10:41 pm #2797529

kristjanJ

Hi!

How's it going and any chance to get things working within tomorrow?

Truly appreciate your help in advance and looking forward to your feedback as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
kristjanJ

October 8, 2018 at 11:20 pm #2797535

kristjanJ

Hi.

Still waiting for the assistance on getting String Translations working on a Front-End of hidden link - Media Translations not so important, we found a way how to use them separately as new images on German version of the site, so you could skip that, but still String Translations should work as well on hidden link - specifically on Contact Form inputs, buttons etc - currently no translations are applied, even though data is set for the translations of the German site as described above in our initial request for help.

Thanks in advance for your help as soon as possible and waiting for your feedback.

Kind regards,
kristjanJ

October 9, 2018 at 6:48 am #2798411

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for contacting WPML Support!

I will be happy to help you with this.

Unfortunately, I am not able to log into the backend as I can't pass the first realm (I think this one has a different user than the WP admin login). I will enable the private fields once again in the next reply you will make so that you can provide me again with the right site access information for both login steps.

Also by checking the DE (German) homepage, I can see that most of the content elements are translated but there's a few form buttons and labels that are not yet translated. Is that what you want to translate?

I will be waiting for your reply.

October 9, 2018 at 7:10 am
October 10, 2018 at 8:51 am #2803484

kristjanJ

Any updates?

Kind regards,
kristjanJ

October 10, 2018 at 4:42 pm #2805233

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

From what I can see, one of the forms you have on the page is displayed two times (on the header and close to the footer) and is generated from the "MailChimp for WordPress" plugin.

We have a special add-on (MailChimp for WordPress Multilingual) that you already have installed from what I can see that can be used to translate the Mailchimp forms.

Here is more documentation regarding this:
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/mailchimp-for-wordpress-multilingual/

Can you please tell me if you tried to use this plugin?

Also, I see 3 other forms that have been created with Contact Form 7.

The way to create translations for each of these ones is by following the documentation here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/using-contact-form-7-with-wpml/

Practically you can simply duplicate each of the 3 forms, translate all the content (labels, placeholder text, the messages the form shows on the screen on interaction etc.) and then use each of the unique shortcodes in the translated version of the content that you built with Visual Composer in this case.

Please let me know if this solves your issue or if you still need help.

October 12, 2018 at 11:22 am #2811734

kristjanJ

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!