This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 5 voices.

Last updated by thorsetenM 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Sumit.

Author Posts
April 25, 2017 at 8:22 pm #1261704

Pavel

Hi,

I am trying to save string translations in WP administration. It looks like it is working (rotating wheel), there is a message partialy translated, but when I refresh page, string translation is lost 🙁

I am using Shop Isle theme with WPML support.

I tried to deactivate all plugins, but it did not help. Any idea what is going on?

Thank you for your help!

April 26, 2017 at 1:12 pm #1262275

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi ,

Thank you for contacting the WPML support. We are happy to help you.

Does it happen after the recent upgrade of WPML or WordPress? Are you getting the same result for all the strings domains(Theme/Plugins)?

I have a request. Please upgrade your MySQL version to 5.6, the minimum required MySQL version for WPML. Check this article for more details -- https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

It would be nice if you can provide me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information). Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory. Please replicate the steps and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in discussion).

--
With Regards

Bigul

May 14, 2017 at 8:44 pm #1275609

Pavel

Hi,
sorry for delay.
There is no problem in debug.log.
We also switched to MySQL 5.6.17.

But problem will be probably related to Shop Isle theme, I guess.
Everytime I go to WPML - String Translation menu and resfresh this page I can see different strings for domain Slide shop_isle_slider. There are 3 strings, but after each reload they are different. It is strange 🙁 You can see it on attached screenshot. Everytime there are 3 different strings, but never all 6 strings.

Any idea what is going on?

Thank you very much for your help!

May 15, 2017 at 1:03 pm #1276146

Bigul
Supporter

Hi ,

Thank you for the updates. I would like to access admin area of your site for further checking. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. Check the following links for more details about private information sharing.

hidden link

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue locally.

--
With Regards

Bigul

May 16, 2017 at 10:54 am #1277033

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the login information. I have created a duplicator copy of your site now. Will debug it locally soon and get back to you. Please wait.

--
With Regards

Bigul

May 17, 2017 at 3:56 pm #1278396

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

For your kind updates, I am continuing the debugging and get back to you tomorrow. Please wait.

--
With Regards

Bigul

May 19, 2017 at 7:02 pm #1280571

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

For your kind updates, it looks like a compatibility issue between WPML and Shop Isle theme. Becuase I am getting Fatal errors related to String Translation while saving the Silver options(from Appearance>>Customize). I will check with our second tier team and get back to you on Monday. Please wait.

--
With Regards

Bigul

May 23, 2017 at 1:40 pm #1282698

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

As a part of debugging, I tried to replicate the issue in a fresh installation with the latest version of Shop Isle theme -- https://wordpress.org/themes/shop-isle/. In the latest version *Slider Section* is missing in Themes>>Customize>>Frontpage Sections. The result is same when I tried Shop Isle theme from -- hidden link. Becuase of this feature is missing I am unable to replicate the issue in a fresh installation.

I have a doubt, in WordPress.org theme repository and hidden link Shop Isle theme is showing the version as 1.1.23 and 1.1.20. But on your installation, the version is showing as 2.2.14. So I would like to know are you using Premium services of this theme provider.

Please check the attached images for more details.

--
With Regards

Bigul

May 26, 2017 at 9:40 am #1285190

Pavel

Thank you, I did not notice that, I will try to find which is the right theme version. It looks like some parts of this theme are using Pro features, but on the other hand, some Pro features are missing. I will check it out with website owner and let you know.

May 26, 2017 at 7:04 pm #1285583

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the updates. Waiting for your feedback.

--
With Regards

Bigul

May 29, 2017 at 9:12 am #1286209

Pavel

OK, so also website owner did not know nothing about theme version. So, we updated to latest free version 1.1.23, but the problem is still here 🙁 It is not possible to translate strings from "Slide shop_isle_slider" domain and after each refresh there are 2 or 4 strings available to translate.

Thank you for your help!

May 30, 2017 at 6:02 am #1286937

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the details. I have made a fresh duplicator copy of your site now. Will debug it further and get back to you soon. Please wait.

--
With Regards

Bigul

May 31, 2017 at 2:58 pm #1288547

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

For your kind information, we are continuing the debugging on this issue. Now I am getting DB errors while visiting Dashboard>>Appearance>>Customize and translating the *shop_isle_slider* strings. But I am unable to replicate the issue in a fresh installation because the free version doesn't have an option for Slider.

I will update you the progress as soon as possible. Please wait.

--
With Regards

Bigul

June 6, 2017 at 9:41 am #1292014

Pavel

Hi, any news?

There is no Slider section in current theme version? I tried to make a Duplicator copy and everything is same as in fresh install? There is only Products slider section from free theme version.

Thank you for your help!

June 7, 2017 at 12:58 pm #1293096

Bigul
Supporter

Hi,

We will get the slider feature for Shop Isle theme after activating *Shop Isle Companion* plugin. Please check the following link for more details.

hidden link

It is working fine for me in a fresh installation. May you have to resave the *Appearance>>Customize* settings again to load the Slider options under *Frontpage sections>>Slider section*. I am still getting the issues with your duplicator copy(DB errors mainly) and it is almost escalated to the second tier for further debugging. We also found *shop_isle_slider* domain strings are not necessary for the Slider transitions.

Slider translation is working okay for me on a fresh installation after the following steps. Please try it and let me know your feedback.

1) Activate *Shop Isle Companion* plugin
2) Then add sliders from Appearance>>Customize>>Frontpage sections>>Slider section
3) Save the changes
4) Visit WPML>>String Translation
5) Scroll down to bottom and click on *Translate texts in admin screens »* link
6) Look for "theme_mods_shop-isle" option. Here you should find all strings associated with your theme options.
7) Check the checkbox of *shop_isle_slider* option.
8) Click on the button "Apply"(on the bottom)
9) Now, the selected string will appear in the String Translation panel.
10) Translate it and make sure the slider translation is working fine in the frontend

Please check the attached images for more details.

--
With Regards

Bigul